Jimsadventures's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How about a search feature for reviewing photo contributions?

With over 7,000 photos it takes about 20 or 30 minutes to slowly scroll down to see what is happening with my older photos, and it usually crashes the maps program before I get more than half way. ( I have a core I-7 with 16gb ram). The two choices for review now are, by date or by views. Maybe google could make a contract with a "search" company to implement things like search by date, name, etc or even something as simple as reversing date to see oldest first, etc? There are several companies that specialize in creating programs for searching data bases and Google could contact one to see if this could be done.

3 comments
Level 9

Re: How about a search feature for reviewing photo contributions?

Hello @Jimsadventures 

I can understand your problem which you are facing, you can search about this app on Google Playstore, i hope it'll sought out your problem. I have provided the link below.

localguideassistant 

Level 8

Thank you,

I tried the app and it's functions could be more useful, but the photo search functions don't appear to work. I tried the various "sorts", by date, by views, by views per day, etc and it always gives the newest first. Tried the maintenance function "rebuild database" and still only shows newest first. 

The concept at least, is much better than what Google has, but with more than 200k photos it's not practical to do my work on the phone. Hopefully the company that became famous as a "Search" company will use just a tiny bit of it's expertise to help the many 1,000's of people across the world, who have made the maps so much more useful while doing all this work for free, 

Level 9

Hi @Jimsadventures

Myself and @01Me3 have pitched some ideas about the filter here

If you want to pitch other ideas do post in Idea Exchange so that other can vote it.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube