cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How To Like Clean The World

Hello, Local Guides from all countries,

I would like to Celebrate a success story so far on LocalGuidesConnect

@ermest and me, Have worked Hard on our Programme Local Guides clean the world - A Local Guides project

and Teaching the fundamentals of educating the war against Plastic here at  LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Step 1 - Education  Since the beginning of this year Local Guides have reached out to us from many places and we have managed to get there Voice herd. Thanks to Google Maps and #LocalGuidesConnect  We have now developed a SpreadSheet to help deplete wast as we know it  called Clean The World Spreadsheet and to get a copy of this please download Here there are 4 pages
Thank you everyone for your supportThank you everyone for your support

So let us Break this Spread Sheet Down...

Step 1.

There are 3 pages plus one more for notes and stapled together.

Let us look at the first page and this should be as follows please fill out the boxes below and everyone's name at the bottom clear to read  (not signature)

Names attendedNames attended

Step 2.

This is our important Data Collection Sheet This sheet should mark Carefully using a tic method or single stroke so we indicate whats observed and found. I have left a space a the bottom for additional things you might like to add. 

Recorded dataRecorded data

Step 3.

This Sheet covers Glass, Ceramic, Cloth items, Metals, Rubber, Wood, Paper items

Please Note: Under Metal items and this is common sinkers, lures, fishing lines, hooks, traps & pots these are the things affecting our ocean life which I am big on. Page 4. is for anything that is not on pages 1-3 this is for your action plan if you had to recover Sealife or animal Your note would read step by step how you recover that animal's life. (let us hope we don't use that one)

Second data record sheetSecond data record sheet

Step 4.

Many Local Guides and Communities across the world are posting Here

Please join us on the war against Plastic and help us build a Cleaner World 

Perth WA, Australia
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How To Like Clean The World

Well done @DavidTito

The spreadsheet looks great and very helpful (I hope to don't have a need for using sheet 4 too).

Slowly the are implementing documents, experience, knowledge.

I have a thought. When I started LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld, my idea was to run it for a year. Six months (and a few days) after the launch, I am thinking about transforming it in a permanent Local Guides activity.

Awareness is increasing day by day, from more countries 

What is your opinion?

Level 8

@ErmesT Thank you, yes documentation is an achievement to implement goals kind of like a shopping checklist,

My opinion is that we should keep going and I think you and I are in this together, and I see a lot more coming but I have a plan.

Level 7

@DavidTito @ErmesT 

Hello there, just wondering what is the status of this project in 2021? I read the original post by ermest and there were many comments below, but the status of the post was closed. I have been browsing for more than an hour around pages related to the Localguidescleantheworld project but still don't know how to become active in the community, how to keep up with activities from others, and how to interact and find people in this group. Could you please clarify? (note: I just joined Connect, so maybe I'm unaware of certain tools). 

Thanks for your time

Connect Moderator

Hi @DelaTierra 

The program still running, even if everyone had to slow down a bit due to the pandemic.

Last Cleanup action, by @Zuhralc happened just a few days ago: Nyali Beach Mombasa Kenya - #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld 

We celebrated the third anniversary on March 27th.

To have a panoramic view of most of the activities you can check the Map. Most of the activities are linked there, even if it is not updated to the most recent, due to some personal Issue. Search for an area, respond to their posts, tag them, to find people and to talk about their experience.

Level 7

Hi @ErmesT thanks a lot for the answer. I npticed that many dozens of people had replied in the comments to your first idea launch, and I'm supposing many are still "members" of this initiative. Well first of all, is there a kind of closed group one can join, in the style of Facebook groups, where connecting with others is made a lot easier? Secondly, it seems to me the map only shows activities but does not really allow to see the many people that are involved more broadly. Am I missing something or is this just not possible due to the technology constraints of this platform?

Before joing Connect and searching for the word "environmental" and finding you, I wanted to essentially see if I could find Local Guides that have, like me, an environmental focus on their contributions. Even better would be to know where these guides are! Any ideas? Again, am I missing something obvious?

Connect Moderator

Thank you for asking @DelaTierra , we have several environmental initiatives here in Connect, as you can read in Sustainability tips from Connect Moderators .

Regarding the Maps I shared with you, accessing to the left side menu you can find the link to every post in Connect related to the campaign. In the post you may find the organizer, the people who was participating to the event, with photos and videos.

This will give you the opportunity to take part in the conversation, and to contact them, if you wish, using this platform. As the initiative was created inside the community, I wanted to keep everything inside here, using the Map as an Index.

The next Video may give you some more clue about the campaign

Level 7

ı @ErmesT I have now explored the vıdeo and a bunch of other resources lınked here and there to thıs Local Guıdes Inner Movement. I apprecıate and agree wıth several foundatıonal comments you made on the vıdeo, notably about leadershıp and emulatıon, and the ınvolvement of chıldren. I wıll get back to you when I have a bıt more tıme wıth other questıons, but for now could you please agaın for everyone how to subscrıbe to the Local Guıdes Clean The World? I managed to do ıt yesterday but cannot replıcate ıt now. I can just say that when you are subscrıbed, you should see ıt by clıckıng on the settıngs COG on the top rıght of thıs platform, then go under NOTIFICATIONS (left box), then SUBSCRIPTIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS tab, then the tab MY SUBSCRIPTIONS amd ot should be there. Thanks agaın for your help. Wıshıng you very well.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for asking @DelaTierra 

You can Bookmark a port by pressing on the three dots of the post, to open the Post Menu. Selecting "Bookmark" the post link will be saved on your profile, on the "Bookmarks" tab.

Caption: a visual step by step procedure about how to bookmark a post in Local Guides ConnectCaption: a visual step by step procedure about how to bookmark a post in Local Guides Connect

Takes your time, it is quite easy to find me here in Connect