cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How I spent my Day in Hyderabad as a Tourist

Charminar - the global icon of the cityCharminar - the global icon of the city

Namaste to all Local Guides around the Globe, 

Recently I had visited the city of Hyderabad, and I wish to share my experience with you all. It was a 2 days official trip, but I completed my work in a day, and the next day I went on a tour of Hyderabad City

Hyderabad is one of the major city of India. It is also the capital of newly formed state Telangana. It has changed a lot since my last visit, 5 years back.

I was staying near Gachibowli area. I woke up early, booked an Ola cab and went towards Golconda Fort, which is one of the major tourist attractions in Hyderabad.

It is a ruin of magnificent fortress built on a granite hill that is 120 meters (390 ft) high and also surrounded by massive battlements. Through the guide book, I came to know that this fortress was built by Hindu kings but later they lost it to the foreign Muslim invaders. It was being used as a capital of the province during the medieval sultanate of the Qutb Shahi Dynasty (c.1518–1687). During that period, the most famous jewel of the world used to be stored here along with other precious diamonds.

This is a great place to explore the ancient history. I had to do moderate amount of walking and stairs climbing to cover the approximately visiting areas, The outer wall of Fort is 10 km which includes 8 gateways. There is a temple and a mosque on the hill top. One can have the aerial view of Hyderabad city from the top of the fort. Few main attractions are Darbar Mahal, Couple of Bawlis/wells, Rani Mahal, Light Show etc.

It was an amazing experience to visit this place with great historical value.

Thereafter I visited Qutb Shahi Tombs which is located just couple of kilometers away from the Golconda Fort. It is again a marvelous example of Indian history. They contain the tombs and mosques built by the various kings and family members of the Qutb Shahi dynasty, built in a distinctive style that blends Persian, Pashtun and Hindu forms. 

The tombs are structures with intricately carved stonework and are surrounded by landscaped gardens. 

In the center of each tomb is a sarcophagus which overlies the actual burial vault in a crypt below. Except the last king all Sultans of the dynasty are buried here, which seems incredible.

After visiting these two historical places, I was drained out my energy and also starving and need some relaxation hence I moved back towards my hotel area.

Biryani & More is really a nice restaurant to taste the authentic hyderabadi biryani. I ate the mouthwatering laziz chicken biryani hungrily and relaxed for next hour. After that moved towards the financial district area, where most of the tech giant companies like Capegemini, Microsoft, ICICI, Virtusa, Amazon, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, Hitachi Consulting, Apple and even Google are having their major offices. 

Hussain Sagar lake is a necklace shaped great place to enjoy with your near and dears. It’s a huge lake in the heart of the city, spread an area of 5.7 km square. There are numbers of Parks at the bank of the lake including NTR Garden, Lumbini park, Sanjeevani Park and A Snow World.  There are also numerus well-sculptures bronze statues of prominent local personalities. Out of which the 18 meters high Buddha Statue made out of Gibraltar rock is really great to see. Its such a magnificent statue situated in the lake. There are ferry services to reach out the statue. It was really thrilling experience to see sun set there and walking on the lake footpath.  

My returning train for Mumbai was of 10 PM, I had still time to explore more of Hyderabad. Hence, I decided to visit the Charminar, which is the global icon for Hyderabad and also listed as one of the most recognized structure of India. I boarded Hyderabad Metro and went to MG Road metro Station which is very nearby from Charminar. There is a mosque and a temple inside the Charminar. The surrounding market was awesome, where lots of strollers were selling bangles, fancy dress and other ornamental items. 

This was all about my hyderabad trip. thereafter I boarded my returning train to Mumbai from Secunderabad Railway Station. It was a great experience visiting the city of Nizam's. I hope to visit this city again very soon to explore the remaining attractions like Ramoji Film City, Birla Temple, Ram Ki Bandi, Salarganj Museum etc....

Thank you everyone for your love and support. 

Here is the route map 

Full Photo Album

I hope you all will like this travel post.

@Sorbe @DeniGu @NadyaPN @Ivi_Ge @ermest @TorM @brittym @FelipePK

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
19 comments
Level 10

Re: How I spent my Day in Hyderabad as a Tourist

@NandKK Bhai.. looks like a most interesting and happy day. Wish I was there to join with you. And how was the famous Hyderabad Biryani? Did it taste as good as its fame. Haven't been there before. But surely one day I will get there to meet all great Local Guides there. 

Level 10

Thank you @StephenAbraham bhaii for you kind words... truly it was an awesome day.. And yes Hyderabadi Biryani was as tasty as its fame. It was mouthwatering awesome.

Connect Moderator

Wow... Great trip @NandKK bhai.

Thanks for sharing this nice travel experience.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you Bhai @NareshDarji for your kind words...

Level 10

@NandKK Great Nand. i was working with icfai university there

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

Ohhh great bhai @AmbrishVarshney, thanks for liking my post.......  

Level 10

Good workwri. Nice pics. What camera do you use? What app do you use to beautify pics after clicking?

Level 9

Hello @NandKK A day in Hyderabad nice to see,I hope u enjoyed a lot...

Level 10