Badruddeen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How I created my signature.

Hello Local Guides family,

This is how I created my signature. So I am putting up the code for everyone. I actually created a post with all the icons and saved it (After I copied html code and pasted in the signature box). Instead of everyone creating a post with too many icons I am just wondering if my code would work for everyone except the flag.

Instructions:

1. Create a post with your National Flag and SAVE the post.
  2. Please Read this post
  3. Check this video by @AnuradhaP

Follow the above instruction and see my code below which you can refer. 

<a title="YOUR NATIONAL FLAG TEXT" href="REPLACE THIS WITH A URL IF YOU WANT USERS TO VISIT, I HAVE ADDED MALDIVES NATIONAL ANTHEM ON YOUTUBE" target="_blank"><li-image id="REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR IMAGE ID FROM CONNECT" width="32" height="32" alt="REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR FILE NAME" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a>

If you want to add other Social Media icons and links just edit my code and see if it works. I think everyone can create a post with the flag. The rest of the icon are common which means, G+, Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, LinkedIn, LGSummit17, Instagram, Periscope, Snapchat can be reused instead of everyone uploading too many icons to Connect. 

Below is my code edited for your ease of use. If you edit this please use a text editor so no additional text are inserted while you edit this.

<a title="Your National Flag" href="REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR URL" target="_blank"><li-image id="REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR IMAGE ID FROM CONNECT" width="32" height="32" alt="REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR FILE NAME" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Google+" href="Replace This With Your G+ Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91612iBE825D4144B9F632" width="32" height="32" alt="google-plus.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Facebook" href="Replace This With Your Facebook Page or User Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91613iDE969B0D022159DB" width="32" height="32" alt="facebook.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Twitter" href="Replace This With Your Twitter Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91615i819507AEEC66F3C7" width="32" height="32" alt="twitter.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Google Maps" href="Replace This With Your Google Maps Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91614i58414E1AA7CD7CD0" width="32" height="32" alt="google-maps.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="LinkedIn" href="Replace This With Your LinkedIn Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91617iDC3DBF8DC6630BBA" width="32" height="32" alt="linkedin.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Instagram" href="Replace This With Your Instagram Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91616i98939B02B9FAABEC" width="32" height="32" alt="instagram.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Periscope" href="Replace This With Your Periscope Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91618i497C448E53601163" width="32" height="32" alt="periscope.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="Snapchat" href="Replace This With Your Snapchat Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91620i0D2875E5729092DB" width="32" height="32" alt="snapchat.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a>

Note: Make sure to leave the space between </a> <a ... in the whole code above.

How to insert signature. (Just insert the code below to your signature box and test if it works.)

1. Click your Connect Profile Pic on the top right corner.
  2. Click My Settings
  3. Then Click Personal information
  4. Enter your final text in the Signature Box.
  5. Save it. 

Sample Code below. Just Copy and Paste this in your Signature Box and save it. (See if it works). 

<a title="Snapchat" href="Replace This With Your Snapchat Url" target="_blank"><li-image id="91620i0D2875E5729092DB" width="32" height="32" alt="snapchat.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a>

Note: Please change icon sizes to 27px X 27px so that it fits nicely. 🙂 (Thanks @Briggs )

131 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How I created my signature.

@Fill wrote:

Hi, thanks @Badruddeen for the solution but...

####################################################

<a title="Italian National Anthem"

href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ckV9QueXc"

target="_blank"><li-image id="260569iEFD65D8FAA771887"

width="32"

height="32"

alt="italy flag.jpg"

align="left"

size="large"

sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> | <a

href="https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/108681308870781918461/"<My contributions in Google Maps></a> | <a

href="https://www.google.com/+FilippoD"<My Google Plus Profile></a>

###################

what's wrong with my code below here?

Hi, Fill,

Copy this code as it is and paste it in Signature Box. It should work. Please let me know if it works. 🙂

Cheers

<a title="Italian National Anthem" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ckV9QueXc" target="_blank"><li-image id="260569iEFD65D8FAA771887" width="20" height="20" alt="italy flag.jpg" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="My Contributions in Google Maps" href="https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/108681308870781918461" target="_blank"><li-image id="91614i58414E1AA7CD7CD0" width="20" height="20" alt="google-maps.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a> <a title="My Google Plus Profile" href="https://www.google.com/+FilippoD" target="_blank"><li-image id="111145iA98EB8A62ADB622D" width="20" height="20" alt="google-plus.png" align="left" size="large" sourcetype="new"></li-image></a>

View solution in original post

Level 9

@Badruddeen Wao helpful post dear. 

Keep it up. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

This is very cool @Badruddeen! Way to link your digital existence in such an interesting way. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Level 8

@iyudhi wrote:

This is very cool @Badruddeen! Way to link your digital existence in such an interesting way. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Thanks @iyudhi

This way it's easier for those who are interested to follow us on their preferred networks other than Connect. 

Cheers

Level 8

@dєєpαkk wrote:

@Badruddeen Wao helpful post dear. 

Keep it up. 

@deepakjhic You are welcome.

Connect Moderator

It's very useful information @Badruddeen

Thanks for sharing with us

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@NareshDarji wrote:

It's very useful information @Badruddeen

Thanks for sharing with us

@NareshDarji You are most welcome. Sharing is caring. 🙂

Cheers

Level 8

@iyudhi wrote:

@iyudhi I have actually linked Maldives flag to the National anthem. Ever heard our National anthem? If not just give a go. Thanks. 🙂

Level 10

Thanks for this info @Badruddeen

Level 10

@Badruddeen this is a helpful post,  few days befor I was searching few discussions of the same topic so that I can learn and add my signatures too . Some how I could manage .

By the way tou have such good animated and crazy signatures . 

Need more of this kind posts from you  .