kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Google Maps is supporting women-led businesses

Former Google Contributor

Caption: Photos of three women entrepreneurs: Anna Fiscale, Mai Thi Kim Quyen, and Eve Rodriguez MontoyaCaption: Photos of three women entrepreneurs: Anna Fiscale, Mai Thi Kim Quyen, and Eve Rodriguez MontoyaTo celebrate International Women's Day, Google just introduced something new: Small business owners can now let people know that they are owned, led, or founded by women with a new “women-led” symbol on Google Maps and Search.

Caption: Screenshot of Reaching Out Teahouse’s business listing on Google with the new women-led business symbolCaption: Screenshot of Reaching Out Teahouse’s business listing on Google with the new women-led business symbol

Want to support women-led businesses near you? Just look for the symbol. It could lead you to amazing places like Mai Thi Kim Quyen’s Reaching Out Teahouse in Hội An, Vietnam, which provides job opportunities and a support network for people living with physical limitations.

Head over to The Keyword's post to read more about the amazing women entrepreneurs the new feature aims to spotlight and to learn about Google’s Womenwill initiative, which helps create economic opportunities for women.

How will you celebrate and support women on International Women’s Day?

68 Comments
Level 10

Thanks for sharing @kmajewski This is a great initiative by Google introducing the women led symbol on Google Maps & Search to help identify women led businesses. Another good initiative from the tech giants. It's a great feature to have. This will be good for many people to be able to identify businesses easily. I can't wait to start seeing this on Maps in my community.

Level 7

I allways support them in every single time to make something new and says. I love womans 🙂

Connect Moderator

Love this post @kmajewski

The Italian entrepreneur featured is really a great person, well known in our region. Thanks for sharing this great initiative

Ermes

Level 7

Hi @kmajewski Thanks for sharing this feature with us. This feature is truly remarkable, as it will put women-led businesses on the Global spotlight. This is a better way to celebrate the international women's day. Also, thank you for sharing the Google's Womenwill Initiative.

Level 9

Thats inspiring step from Google @kmajewski :-)))

Level 9

Amazingly brilliant move by google maps.
Thanks for sharing  @kmajewski

Level 9

Guuuys its looks after while we will ask to pin businesses leads by men 😁😁😁🎉

@Haseeb @Charleybaits @kmajewski 😁

Level 9

@OSAMA wrote:

Guuuys its looks after while we will ask to pin businesses leads by men 😁😁😁🎉

@Haseeb @Charleybaits @kmajewski 😁

There's a possibility indeed @OSAMA
 😁😁😁

Level 10

I like it! 🙂

But I have to say that the row with the symbols is not showing here in Italy.

Maybe I'm wrong?

How can I check this? I would like to enable to my female customers

Thanks!

Level 9

@LucioV

@LucioV wrote:

I like it! 🙂

Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks!

I believe it might get enabled only via GMB (initially maybe) as I can't find it either in my google maps app here in Malaysia.

Level 10

@Haseeb wrote:

@LucioV

@LucioV wrote:

I like it! 🙂

Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks!

I believe it might get enabled only via GMB (initially maybe) as I can't find it either in my google maps app here in Malaysia.

Nothing in the GMB i manage, included one verified just today. 😞

Level 3

Hy,  excuseme, i want introduced my self. My name name is lubna same you Can call me lubna, i will ask to you..  Assalamualaikum ka alma, ka alma pliss baca pesan ku

Connect Moderator

@kmajewski Nice post for encourage women !! 

Happy International Women day !!

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 7

Lol @OSAMA let's see what will be done 😀😀😀😀

Level 9

Thats amazing! Thanks for sharing!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 10

Excellente initiative @kmajewski.

Je me permets de le publier sur le forum francophone.

Level 10

Thank you @kmajewski! This new “women-led” symbol on Google Maps and Search is a welcome development and I look forward to enabling it for businesses in my community.

@kmajewski wrote:

Caption: Photos of three women entrepreneurs: Anna Fiscale, Mai Thi Kim Quyen, and Eve Rodriguez MontoyaCaption: Photos of three women entrepreneurs: Anna Fiscale, Mai Thi Kim Quyen, and Eve Rodriguez MontoyaTo celebrate International Women's Day, Google just introduced something new: Small business owners can now let people know that they are owned, led, or founded by women with a new “women-led” symbol on Google Maps and Search.

Caption: Screenshot of Reaching Out Teahouse’s business listing on Google with the new women-led business symbolCaption: Screenshot of Reaching Out Teahouse’s business listing on Google with the new women-led business symbol

Want to support women-led businesses near you? Just look for the symbol. It could lead you to amazing places like Mai Thi Kim Quyen’s Reaching Out Teahouse in Hội An, Vietnam, which provides job opportunities and a support network for people living with physical limitations.

Head over to The Keyword's post to read more about the amazing women entrepreneurs the new feature aims to spotlight and to learn about Google’s Womenwill initiative, which helps create economic opportunities for women.

How will you celebrate and support women on International Women’s Day?

Connect Moderator

This is awesome! I hadn't noticed there were symbols on listings such as these, and I think the ability to allow users to know that a business is woman-led is great in terms of enlightening users more about the businesses around them.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Hi @kmajewski I do love this post, thanks for sharing 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 1

Just join today! nice story.

Level 9

The best power of emak2 

Level 8

great feature, unfortunately I have not found anything like it. is it still limited in some countries ??

@kmajewski

Wishing all Women the best with all their endeavors. ☺

Level 8

Thank you @kmajewski, thank you Google

Women are strong, Women are strength

Bu I can't see “women-led” symbol on Google Maps and Search1.PNG

G+ | My Contributions One day, somewhere to meet.
Level 10

@kmajewski Thanks for sharing this! It is most useful and supportive for women led businesses. Can we mark businesses as Women led as Local Guides? Or only claimed business owners can do it? If some instructions can be shared it would be most useful. Thanks again! 🙂

Level 10

@kmajewski

This new introduction is so kind of google:((

International Women’s Day would be better cause it!

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀

women make more powerful from that easy to find out everything n easy to oprate 

Connect Moderator

It's a great initiative by Google. Thanks for sharing @kmajewski

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@kmajewski Its a great news.

@SumaiyaZafrin this is for you.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 9

Thank you @kmajewski

your information will inspire women

Level 9

I love this post

@kmajewski

Thanks for sharing this with us specially in international women's day

Cheers

Saudi local guide 

Level 5

Great initiative...

Special thanks for google

Level 5

Entendo ser fora do tema falar de ícone patriarcal onde a solicitação é sinergia com o ícone matriarca.

Considerando a porcentagem de usuários que valorizam o patriarcado entendo ser factível uma marca com a flexa para cima de cor azul.

Talvez seja possível o "Local Guides" trabalhar com este assunto.

What an awesome trio of women y'all highlighted ... any one of them would be an inspiration to my four daughters!!!

Multitasking DIY type — veggie tender, beekeeper & chicken whisperer!!!
Level 6

I still don't see, why address it this way. What can I do with this information? Should I abandon a good business just because it's not women-led? 

I'm not hating the idea, I just don't see the benefits it could provide. 

Level 6

I don't see how it could support other women-led business. 

It all appears it's just an attitude to appear... friendlier, but dividing on wrong things.

I'm open to arguments that would change my mind, I just don't see it

It isn't about most of us, it's about helping those people that want to support women-led businesses. Just like helping identify wheelchair accessible businesses isn't about most of us or close captioning movies for the deaf isn't about most of us. If you'd drive down the main street of the town I live in you'd find that almost all of the businesses are women-led. I know that because I have lived here the last nine years ... someone that's not from here that wants to support women-led businesses could choose between one pizza place or another or one coffee shop or another. 

Multitasking DIY type — veggie tender, beekeeper & chicken whisperer!!!
Level 6

There is no correlation between these topics you've mentioned and a "women--led" business... 

There's a difference in the entrance for people to access. There isn't necessarily difference between a man or woman leading a business. 

It just does not have the same weight: wheelchair access and women led

Level 6

What if the other pizza place is as good as the women led? Or better? 

I'm not saying men led means better.. but what if it is? Should I abandon all the reviews and support someone who does not deserve it? 

It makes no sense

Level 1
  • womans are part of mans due to the fact that GOD them from mans one side!!!!!!
Level 8

Asante Google from Tanzania, 

Giving our mothers and pillars of society opportunities to persevere.

Level 8

Hello @kmajewski

Thanks for this amazing feature. Huge salute to all women over the world, women empowerment is awesome. We will be happy to mark the places with women lead in Nepal. Thanks again for sharing. 

Level 10

@kmajewski thank you for sharing this informative post.

Its a wonderful initiative by Google Maps.

Connect Moderator

but I not found this , is that limited for some countries? what about Bangladesh @kmajewski 

Thanks  @PavelSarwar

Level 9

Great post but could not find the option to Mark the business as woman lead . 

Waiting for it 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#

wow great, many women run business it is useful for women to develop the business   

This is very inspirational 

Level 6

Thanks for sharing @kmajewski This is a great initiative by Google introducing the women led that support women around the world 

Well,. Appreciated,.,.

But why not for men.,😎😎,., 

Or we had to wait for men's day to come,.😂😂

Level 8

This is wonderful! I know a couple of women founded owned and led new businesses. But I have not seen these symbols to choose when reviewing them.

🤔