ProfArunCM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How Good are the Perks?

Ever since I had joined Local Guides Connect in March 2017, I received 3 or 4 perks of which I didn’t use any one of them. Most of the perks are in fact Promos of a company (Red Bus, Ola etc) or promotion of its own products (like Google Music). I totally agree that perks/gifts are perks, how big or small they dosen’t matter. I too agree that the person to whom perks are to be gifted have no say in type of perks he/she must receive.

I firmly believe that like me, many of our LG Friends largely didn’t utilise perks given in the past except the most popular TB Drive. LG Friends may like to share how many perks did you receive in the past and which perks you utilised.

Google may also like to share with us distribution and utilisation by perk type. We LGs may have suggestions, if asked we may come out with a variety of perk suggestions. This is only a suggestion, which may be ignored. 

@LucioV @OSAMA @AmarArora @Amrendraanupam @RashidJorvee @zaidkhaaaan @RohitSadana @YanniY

Raleigh, NC, United States
42 comments
Level 7

Re: How Good are the Perks?

Totally agree. We contribute to the maps so that it helps to people like many of us who can decide decisions based on reviews. 

Awarding perks is a good initiative to promote the contributors , but at the same time these perks are not useful in current market. They should have a re-look on this completely otherwise contributions to google will reduce drastically.

I have used only once of the awarded 5 to 6 perks. 

Level 10

Fully Agreed @Srini

Hope Google will provide more useful perks. 

Thanks for posting your observations. 

Level 7

Yes Google need to offer more in form of perks. currently google is offering perks like free play music subscription, discount on play store, etc. But i feel in most cases this perks are useless or very few according to our contribution because contributers on YouTube and other google partners site they earn very good amount & recieve special treatment from google but on Maps we don't recieve any special treatment from google. Google need to think about that.

@ProfArunCM @TraciC

Level 10

Hope Google will soon look into felings of Local Guides. 

Thanks @zaidkhaaaan for

@zaidkhaaaan wrote:

Yes Google need to offer more in form of perks. currently google is offering perks like free play music subscription, discount on play store, etc. But i feel in most cases this perks are useless or very few according to our contribution because contributers on YouTube and other google partners site they earn very good amount & recieve special treatment from google but on Maps we don't recieve any special treatment from google. Google need to think about that.

@ProfArunCM @TraciC

observations. 

@Srini @TraciC

Level 4

In Canada, you get nothing at all. 

Level 10

@MarkyD wrote:

@MarkyD wrote:

Hi! @MarkyD

The present perk, RED BUS is not offered to LGs in Canada. 

Level 7

@MarkyD Yes bro i agree with you but this is Harsh truth. Hope it will fix soon.

Level 8

Perks which google provides us are useless, I never use any of there perks because I dont need what they gifted. So google should think again and come with some good perks which is useful for local guides. Till the time whatever perks we received all are useless.

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
Level 10

@RashidJorvee

I too received 3 or 4 Perks but didn’t use as I found them not useful for me. How many othee  LGs utilised received perks? may be of interest to know 

@MarkyD @zaidkhaaaan @Srini

@RashidJorvee wrote:

Perks which google provides us are useless, I never use any of there perks because I dont need what they gifted. So google should think again and come with some good perks which is useful for local guides. Till the time whatever perks we received all are useless.