Beefywisdom's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How Do I Change a Place And Make It A Park?

Hi, everyone! So as I was looking through the map of my local town, the biggest park of them all isn't considered a park. It has the word "park" in the title of the park, but the little icon doesn't have the tree, and when you click on it, it doesn't say that it's a park. The only thing it shows that I can edit is "label." Is that where I put park? I see other parks in the same town that can have reviews, but this one can not. How can I go about fixing this, or is it supposed to be this way?

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How Do I Change a Place And Make It A Park?

@Beefywisdom It could be useful to share the link to the place so we can see it also.

I am suspecting this is the situation. It's likely that when you find a place that you cannot add a photo or cannot write a review, you may find you cannot edit that place as well. If that's the case, you may been looking at a polygon instead of a point. To understand the background around polygons in Maps, you may want to read this post, (read the first post, look at the location, and read the long reply by Flash on the first page).

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-a-Place-When-It-Already-Exists-in-Si...

Flash has outline some way to help resolve this, so do refer to his post above.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

@Beefywisdom It could be useful to share the link to the place so we can see it also.

I am suspecting this is the situation. It's likely that when you find a place that you cannot add a photo or cannot write a review, you may find you cannot edit that place as well. If that's the case, you may been looking at a polygon instead of a point. To understand the background around polygons in Maps, you may want to read this post, (read the first post, look at the location, and read the long reply by Flash on the first page).

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-a-Place-When-It-Already-Exists-in-Si...

Flash has outline some way to help resolve this, so do refer to his post above.

Level 2

This is what I needed to know, thanks a lot!