ShahriarRaihan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: How Chittagong local guides will running?

@MdEmranulHoque Me and 5 other Local Guides were waiting for you guys for more than 1.5 hours. Isn't that counted  ?

Level 7

@CommerceH I agree with you concern. I may not be a perfect community moderator, but no one is born perfect, I will learn to become a perfect community moderator if I receive all of your support. I just got supported status, I have to build my community big, gain your support, all of these cannot be done in a short period of time.

( I am not anyone to judge my own leadership ability)

Level 7

@SadiaIslamR With all due respect, you are not anyone to tell me to be quite. This word doesn't suit to be used in a public forum. Please have some etiquette's

I received the supported Status because of my immaturity. I am a volunteer which is why I was chosen as supported.

And also to include you are not even a member of my community.

I can't accept I failed. No one failed not even those local guides. This is just a misunderstanding.

Level 7

Re: How Chittagong local guides will running? I'm really frustrated!

@RabbiA I agree with your answer, that I need to maintain my community. I may not be best, but I am eligible which is why my community was supported.

I have to be one of those experts moderator of Local Guides out there. Which I cannot turn into, in a short period of time. I need time to gain knowledge, expertise about being one of the finest Local Guides community moderator. For which I need time.

Level 7

Some of the people in this topic are trying to defame my community. Whereas they weren't even invited at our event.

Note: I have all the call recordings of that day. I have the proof.

Level 3

WOW! That was a good Step the Recordings would be such a delightful present to the uninvited one 🙂

Googler
Solution

Hi @ShahriarRaihan @RabbiA @ShafiulB @SadiaIslamR and @CapitalH. If I understand correctly, it sounds like there was a misunderstanding about where Local Guides were to meet-up this past weekend and both groups were at different locations. To avoid misunderstandings of this nature, I encourage everyone to take advantage of the meet-up tools available on the Local Guides website.

I sounds like the source of the frustration may be because there are two Local Guides communities in Chittagong and only one is a supported Local Guides community, but support of a Local Guides community is at the discretion of the Local Guides team and is based on our guidelines. It sounds like you were all trying to meet-up to join forces, which is what we hope to see in areas where multiple communities or groups exist, as the Local Guides program brings people together because we all have one mission: to highlight what makes our local areas great on Google Maps and to share that information with both locals and visitors. 

This sounds like a matter that could have been handled privately amongst one another rather than publicly addressing one another in this manner. We rarely weigh in on personal manners and only if there is a violation of our program rules. I encourage everyone to review the Local Guides program rules as we not only encourage Local Guides to be kind to one another both in person and online, but we prohibit harassment of any kind. I will be locking this thread now and we will reach out privately as needed. Thank you.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.