AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Hope all Local Guides in Sri Lanka are safe

Due to unexpected heavy rains in Southern, Sabaragamuwa and Western provinces of Sri Lanka, there were few landslides, and flood levels are rising. Already 92 people dead including children and women. 110 people had gone missing due to the torrential rains.(These are officially released figures and they can go up)

I hope all the Local Guides in Sri Lanka are safe and I pray for the flood and landslide victims.  

Today morning road to my house was not flooded but in the afternoon it was flooded. 

Floods around my house...Floods around my house...

The Southern Expressway interchanges at Wellipanna, Kaduwela and Kokmaduwa are closed due to the floods.

@AsankaJayasuriya @IlankovanT @KanishkaD @AsankaRubasinghe @NalinK @UpulW @VirajN

Sri Lanka
23 comments
Level 9

Re: Hope all Local Guides in Sri Lanka are safe

so sad moment it is. 

@AnuradhaP take care. 

I hope everything will be alright soon. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

hope every one are safe over there, and all the missing are found. Why this happens i do not even understand, in my place farmers are praying to rain gods ,because there are no rains and ,there Sri Lanka is effected by heavy rainfall,nature is showing its rage on humans in every possible way.

Drought in some place and flood at some other .

Level 9

@AnuradhaP yes. Many places flooded. My place there is no any flood and we are safe. Please let me know if you need any help. Seems Kalutara some areas flooded 😞

Level 9

Oups  @AnuradhaP !

@AnuradhaP wrote:

Due to unexpected heavy rains in Southern, Sabaragamuwa and Western provinces of Sri Lanka, there were few landslides, and flood levels are rising. Already 92 people dead including children and women. 110 people had gone missing due to the torrential rains.(These are officially released figures and they can go up)

Very sad news ! 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

@AnuradhaP wrote:

I hope all the Local Guides in Sri Lanka are safe and I pray for the flood and landslide victims.  

Today morning road to my house was not flooded but in the afternoon it was flooded. 

Floods around my house...Floods around my house...

The Southern Expressway interchanges at Wellipanna, Kaduwela and Kokmaduwa are closed due to the floods.

@AsankaJayasuriya @IlankovanT @KanishkaD @AsankaRubasinghe @NalinK @UpulW @VirajN

Hello @AnuradhaP @IlankovanT

Our prayers, condolences and best wishes to the people of Sri Lanka on this difficult time. 

Cheers

Level 8

Hi @AnuradhaP

I am safe. Hope you guys are safe too. But a lot of people are affected. Bad news is that rain is unrelenting.

Level 10

@KanishkaD @Badruddeen @Kamalhasnainee @IlankovanT @NarenChandra Thank you all. the flood levels around my house are rising. We are safe, but I am really worried about the people who are affected by floods and landslides. 

Level 9

@AnuradhaP It is very painful ! oups ! I am also worried about the peoples who are affected in your area...! May 'Allah' save them !

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@KanishkaD @Badruddeen @Kamalhasnainee @IlankovanT @NarenChandra Thank you all. the flood levels around my house are rising. We are safe, but I am really worried about the people who are affected by floods and landslides. 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

Oh my goodness! That is so sad 😞

I hope you're ok  @AnuradhaP and the rest of our Connect family. Many prayers and wishes for safety and recovery!