SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Homemade food ! (share yours then I would love to try to cook :) )

Hi @Siddiqui-BA,

The dish you shared looks quite delicious and is a must try. Thanks for sharing it.

I will be more than happy to learn how to prepare it on my own. Do you usually add something extra such as blueberry jam, honey or something salty as cheese?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@TsekoV, we do not use any jam, jelly, chees, or honey. We use Date palm (খেজুরের গুুড়), which is made from the juice of date tree  The date tree juice collected then boiled to the point when it becomes thick and brown in color. Then mixed it with cow milk. Thank you very much for your interest about the dish.

Thank you for the explanation @Siddiqui-BA. I guess this dish must be one of yours and your children most favorite one. Do you prepare it often or only on some special festivals?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @TsekoV, Yes, this dish is very much favorite to me and my family. We prepare this dish frequently in winter season only. Thank you.

Connect Moderator

Hello @SarahKa check that home made dish recipe of Mutton/ Lamb Karhai, you can try it very easily at home.

Mutton/Lamb Karhai

Some ingredients and finished Mutton Karhai :)Some ingredients and finished Mutton Karhai 🙂

Naan baked from underground clay oven (Tandoor)Naan baked from underground clay oven (Tandoor)

Ingredients :

Mutton/Lamb meat – half kg (boiled)

Ghee (oil) – half cup

Chili powder – one table spoon

Crushed black pepper – one table spoon

Cumin roasted and crushed – one table spoon

Fried crushed coriander – one table spoon

Yogurt – half cup

Cream – three table spoons

Ginger sliced – one table spoon

Ginger garlic paste – one table spoon

Tomatoes – four sliced

Salt – one table spoon

Crushed red pepper – one table spoon

Fresh coriander – two table spoons

Green chilies – four

Method :

Take a wok, add ghee/oil,

Put ginger garlic paste and sliced tomatoes, cover it and cook it for ten minutes.

Then put boiled mutton/lamb meat, salt, crushed red pepper, crushed black pepper, chili powder, roasted & crushed cumin and coriander, cover it and cook for ten to fifteen minutes, until everything is mixed well.

Then put yogurt, mix and fry for two minutes.

Then add cream, ginger sliced, chopped green chili and chopped fresh coriander, fry for one minute.

Now take of off the flame, dish out & garnish with ginger flakes and green chili and fresh coriander.

Serve this spicy and delicious karhai with naan (tandoori Roti) or chappaties, or you can try it with fried rice if Roti is not available easily.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Hi @KashifMisidia, thank you very much for sharing the recipe of mutton/lamb kahai.. I hope, your recipe says it will be super delicious (not only delicious) with nun ruti /tanduri .

Sukrya.

@KashifMisidia I must say that the Karhai dish that you prepared looks so much delicious.

Do you prefer to prepare it spicy or mild?

Connect Moderator

@TsekoV 

For me I like to prepare and eat much spicy, but if anybody who can't eat so spicy Karhai, they prepare with mild taste or medium spicy.

But if you want to taste real authentic Pakistani taste, you should try spicy. 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

@KashifMisidia So it should be at least a little spicy so one can experience the true taste of Pakistani dishes.

Is this dish specially prepared for some festival? What are the most special dishes that Pakistani prepare on holidays?

Connect Moderator

Yes exactly @TsekoV@, if you want to taste original and authentic taste of Pakistan, it should be spicy

And that dish is very common in Pakistan, as I mentioned it in my post Spicy Mutton / Lamb Karhai that there are lot of restaurants who have the best chefs for all Pakistani food , specially Karhai, ,handi , Biryani , Qorma , and many other delicious dishes. And this is normal dish in Pakistan, but on special occasions like Eid Ul Fitr and Eid Ul Adha , we cooked it on large scale, because on Eid days people like to visit thier relative's homes.

Many of my fellow local guides tasted Karhai several times before our Meetup at Mumbai Koyla Karhai , but first time they watched the cooking method and than many of them tried it at home and get apperciation from thier families 🙂