SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Homemade food ! (share yours then I would love to try to cook :) )

@SarahKa that's cool! Today I learned something new 

Goiabada and bocadillo are the same sweet😋

In my homentown people make and eat for breakfast or for coffee time (or donkey hour, because people is tired at 3:00 p.m) "pastel de bocadillo y queso" (bocadillo and cheese pie).

Guava pies

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 9

OMG here too ❤️ !!! Romeo and Juliet Cheesecake, Cake of it or icecream too.

Thanks @BeatrizAguilar , awesome discover that other places produce that and have the same passion than us. 

My state is very proud about producing goiabada and cheese (our cheese is also a national passion 🙂 )

https://www.196flavors.com/brazil-romeo-juliet-romeu-e-julieta/

https://www.fondazioneslowfood.com/en/ark-of-taste-slow-food/goiabada-cascao-from-native-guava/

Level 9

@SarahKa it's so fun! Pizza of guava and cheese (Romeo and Juliet) is the favorite one of my daughter or hawaiian pizza (ham, pineapple and cheese). Some times I do pizzas for lunch and one of those two can't miss on the menu.

I'm wondering: who is Romeo and who is Juliet  in the dessert; the cheese is Romeo and Juliet is the guava for her sweetness?

Level 9

Really @BeatrizAguilar?? Amazing =D 

Some people here use to eat that too. (And I really like the hawaiian pizza)

And is a good question! Your idea makes sense. I also think Cheese is Romeo because in portuguese cheese it's male (O queijo) and the Goiabada is female (A goiabada). 

Former Google Contributor

I learnt so much from the dishes you are sharing @SarahKa@BeatrizAguilar. I would like to try them out. Are those dishes easy to prepare or one needs to be a chef in the kitchen do cook them? : )

As a Bulgarian I found all those names of dishes quite captivating and I am curious to learn more about them.

Which one would you suggest to start with?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@TsekoV I am not a chef, I like to travel through the food 😀 and to eat all kind of dishes because I wasted time refusing food when I was a little girl. Now, I want to enjoy the different flavors thar the cuisine world has for me. 

If you like to cook and experiment in your kitchen, you could try with Latinamerican's recipes using the ingridients that you can find in Bulgaria. For example: Rice and beans with bacon + pork = Congrí Cubano (Cuba) or Moros y Cristianos (Puerto Rico). If you add avocado, a fried egg and a sausage to those ingridients, you can make a Bandeja Paisa (Colombia). 

Let me invite you to cook our tropical dishes. You only need one thing: curiosity.

@BeatrizAguilar I can't refuse food, especially if it is sweet. 🙂

I also love enjoying and trying new dishes throughout the world. One of my favorite dishes are Korean. The thought of kimchi pancakes is enough to make me feel hungry for quite a time.

I am writing down all the names of the dishes you are sharing with me and the way how to prepare them. I am curious and I am going to experiment and for sure try to prepare them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Please, try this dessert @TsekoV

Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Place a firm and semi-soft white cheesecake in the center of a sheet of wheat flour dough (they are sold ready-to-cook); over the cheese, put a spoonful of jam of your choice (if you get guava or quince, it would be perfect). Moisten the edges of the dough, cover with another sheet of dough, press the edges with a fork so that the filling does not come out during cooking; varnish with egg yolk and sprinkle sugar with cinnamon. Arrange the pie on a baking sheet previously in buttered and floured. Bake until the cake is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the filling rest because it is very hot and can burn in the mouth.
This pie can be prepared in hot oil and it takes less time to prepare it. but they are more calories. If you decide to fry it, do not varnish it or cover it with sugar + cinnamon before frying it, but, once fried, pass it through sugar with cinnamon on both sides or you can sprinkle impalpable sugar if you prefer.
I personally do not put anything on the cover. I like to eat the sweet / salty filling

Hey @SarahKa,

I didn't knew that pizza was so popular in Brazil, and the one that you made looks amazing. I really like the idea of using cornmeal. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

As holidays are on the way I am sure I will be trying this delicacy quite very soon @BeatrizAguilar.

What is the name of this dessert? I am writing down all your tips on how to prepare it and am ready for experimenting. : )