SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Homemade food ! (share yours then I would love to try to cook :) )

Thank you for sharing your homemade dish @BeatrizAguilar. Does this one on the photo have a specific name? By looking at it I guess it must be quite tasteful. 

Looking forward to trying one day the pabellón criollo and ajiaco soup. Are they your favorite dishes? What about desserts? Which is the one you like the most?

What about you @UchechukwuEnem which homemade food is the one you like eating?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@TsekoV the Venezuelan and Colombian cuisines have many dishes that are my favorite besides of the Pabellón Criollo and Ajiaco soup; for this reason is difficult to me choose one, such as:  Asado Negro, tostones with cheese and chicken salad 🇻🇪

Or Sobrebarriga au gratin with little yellow potatoes soaked in hogao sauce 🇨🇴

As the dessert it's esaier: Bien Me Sabe (is a wet cake with layers and several flavors)  and Bocadillo (guava's sweet). The first is Venezuelan and the second is Colombian.Home made foodHome made food

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram

Looking forward to trying them all out @BeatrizAguilar. It is the first time I hear of those dishes and I am curious to learn more and more about the cuisine from different parts of the world.

Thank you for sharing them with us and hoping to see some of them that you cooked here on Connect. : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Arepa ocañeraArepa ocañera

You are welcome @TsekoV

Right now I am doing arepa ocañera style which is a traditional breakfast in Colombia. Later I will fill these arepas with with cheese and butter.

Greetings!

This must be one of the most delicious breakfasts one can taste @BeatrizAguilar.

You are a real chef. Glad to learn so much from you. 

Level 9

Nice @BeatrizAguilar !! I tried Arepas when I was in Costa Rica, in a colombian restaurant. 🙂 

Level 9

@BeatrizAguilar looks soooo good ! I really like arabic food ❤️ 

Did you cook all? 

About the colombian and venezuelan dishes, I tried the Costa Rica's version about Pabellón Criollo (there called casado). I really love tostones (but I called Patacones) and somethimes I use to cook it here. I use to cook to eat with Ceviche.

I don't have sure if I already taste the ajiaco soup. Sobrebarriga, assado negro and Bien me sabe I never tried.

I'm very surprise because here in my state (Minas Gerais) we also have a guava sweet!! Is very tradicional here. Only guava, sugar and water, I think it's the same there. Is it? Have in entire Brazil, but the best ones are producing here.

I love this post. Thanks for sharing it. (And thanks for Google Images searching hahahahaha)

Level 9

Thanks @UchechukwuEnem !! I hope see you dishes soon 🙂

Level 9

@SarahKa Yes, I cooked all the Arabic food because nobody else at home knows how to make it.

Arepa is very common in several Latin/American countries.

Patacón - tostón; both names are correct.

Sweet of guava isn't the same of "bocadillo" which is a block compact and firm while the guava sweet is soft and almost as a jell.

I like to eat my bocadillo veleño with a piece of withe cheese.

Level 9

yeah @BeatrizAguilar so is the same! 😃 

Goiabada (our Bocadillo) is a compact and firm block and we use to eat with some cheese, we called Romeu e Julieta (Romeo and Juliet). But only ia possible buy separate and then we make a 'sanduich' putting : cheese, goiabada, cheese. Our unly eat one piece of each. 

The Goiabada Cascão is the firmest at all of the options and have some guava pieces, but also have soft and creamy ones.