SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Homemade food ! (share yours then I would love to try to cook :) )

It's always good when we go out to eat, but to cook at home it's amazing and I would love to see what you use to cook in your town.

Could be a special plate for a special date, cooking with friends or what is usual to eat there.

Please write the ingredients, will be amazing trying to cook you recipe here!

And would you please tell me from where is your dish from (city and country)?

Here in Brazil is very usual eat pizza and cook it. 😃 

I'm begining this post with a homemade pizza that I cooked today for my mom. It's half with no cheese for me and half with buffalo cheese to my mom.  The rest is the same for both: tomato sauce, eggplant, paris mushrooms, purple onion and oregano.

For the pizza dough: fubá (fine cornmeal), wheat flour, spelt milk, yeast, salt and sugar. 

[Normally people use milk but I prefered other, so this recipe is vegan (if you don't use any cheese). ]

Half vegan, half with buffalo cheese.Half vegan, half with buffalo cheese.

85 comments
Level 8

Re: Homemade food ! (share yours :) )

I love you and mast sarhka

Level 10

@SarahKa looks delicious. I love mushrooms and tomato sauce together. I will take the a quarter of the cheese section. 🙂 

The below is a small pot of Chicken Biryani that I have made at home for 1 dinner. Yea, looks a lot, but I am always so hungry. Biryani is one of the most popular and famous rice dishes in India, Pakistan and around the area. Here is my video if keen to watch. Ingredients include Chicken (one can use any meat), a wide melange of spices and spice powders, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander. curd/yoghurt, basmathi rice, ghee and a lot of love. The boiled egg is traditional to have with it. It's eaten with some spicy pickles and some yoghurt raita salad.

And yes, I finished the whole pot myself for dinner. 

Level 9

Wow @StephenAbraham!! I'll try it for sure!!

I think all ingredients are possible to buy here, so: delicious !! 

Can I use mushrooms or other protein or need to be some meat? (I eat meat, is only to know).

Probably this week or next one I'll try and then I show you. 

Level 10

@SarahKa yes, a vegetarian biryani is probably the most popular in India since there are many vegetarians there. We can use cauliflower, potatoes, green peas, possibly mushrooms (need the meatier types). You can check out many vegetarian biryani recipes online. 

Level 7

Re: Homemade food ! (share yours then I would love to try to cook :) )

GoodGoIng 

Hi
Connect Moderator

Okonomiyaki! for Vegetarian

A simple recipe

1. Mix well flour, eggs, minced red ginger, minced Japanese onion, minced cabbage, tempura scraps, kelp soup stock, and pasted yam.
  2. Bake well both sides on a big pan.
  3. Put mayonnaise and sauce on it. If you like, you are able to put bonito flakes as well.
  4. Cut and eat!

If you want a detailed recipe, try to search it!

Cheers:-)

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Hahaha, in fact, I was waiting for your response and the link of a video :-))))

That's great! Thank you @StephenAbraham!

Level 9

wow, looks easy but have some ingredients that I need to find. But I'll try for sure!

Thanks a lot @HiroyukiTakisawa (and @StephenAbraham for have a video 😄  ) soon I'll post here.