AbdullahAM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Historical Tomb's in New Delhi

The Char Bagh garden is a historical place in New Delhi, the garden maintain beautifully. This garden we can called garden of Tomb's because because in the you can found: Tomb of Isa Khan, Tomb of the First Mughal Emperor Babur and Second Mughal Emperor Humayun, Afsarwala Tomb’s (Officers Tomb, belongs to nobleman in Akbar's court), and Halima’s Tomb. This is a World Heritage site area and it has been recognized by the UNESCO in 1993.

Humayun's TombHumayun's Tomb

Just a bit about the Tombs:

Babur's Tomb: Babur (Zahīr ud-Dīn Muhammad) was born in 1483 and died in 1530; he was the ultimate founder and the first Emperor of the Mughal Empire.

Babur's TombBabur's Tomb

Humayun's Tomb: Humayun (Nasir-ud-Din Muḥammad) was born in 1508 and died in 1556, he was the second emperor of the Mughal Empire.

Humayun's TombHumayun's Tomb

Isa Khan's Tomb: Isa Khan's tomb was built during his lifetime between 1547 and 1548. He died in Delhi in 1548 at the age of 95. Isa Khan a noble in the court of two rulers of the Suri dynasty, Sher Shah Suri and his successor Islam Shah Suri.

Isa Khan's TombIsa Khan's Tomb

Afsarwala Tomb: Afsar means Officer, so Afsarwala Tomb or Officer's Tomb is belongs to a nobleman worked in Akbar's court. It is situated in right hand side just after the main entrance. The tomb was completed in the year 1567.

Afsarwala TombAfsarwala Tomb

What you can See in this Place:

Tomb of Isa Khan, Isa Khan's Masjid, Tomb of the First Mughal Emperor Babur and Second Mughal Emperor Humayun, Arab Ki Sarai Gate, Afsarwala Tomb’s, A Masjid adjacent to the Afsarwala Tomb, and Halima’s Tomb.

Isa Khan MosqueIsa Khan Mosque

Masjid near Afsarwala TombMasjid near Afsarwala Tomb

Travel Information:

This historical place is situated at Nizamuddin area in New Delhi. It is just nearby the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station and Opposite of the Hazrat Nizamuddin Police Station.

You can go by walk from the Railway Station and from Bus Stops, many Buses go through the place.

Visiting Time:

It's open before sunrise until sunset (every day)

Entry Fees:

Adult:  Foreign Tourist: 500 RS

Tourist from SAARC and BIMSTEC countries: 40RS      

Indian: 30RS

Children: Free Entry (under 15 Years)

Humayun's Tomb, Nizamuddin, Nizamuddin East, New Delhi, Delhi
13 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Historical Tomb's in New Delhi

Hey @AbdullahAM

What a great share!

The photos are beautiful and the information you provided will be useful for other Local Guides who would like to visit the tombs.

Did you visit these places recently? Can you share your experience while taking these photos? It would be nice to hear your story while taking them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AbdullahAM,

Those are really beautiful buildings, thanks for sharing some history about them. When would be a good time to visit this place? I'm sure it's quite touristy considering it's in Delhi? Are you from Delhi as well or traveling? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @MoniDi

I have been to India for a week last month. I have visited many places like Ajmer, Agra (Taj Mahal and Agra Fort), and New Delhi. Although this was my 3rd visit in India. 

I have more post about my this visit, you can have a look:

A Nice Day at My Favorite Place: Taj Mahal  and

One Day in Agra Fort

Level 9

Hello @DanniS

Thank you for your comment, 

I think the best time is morning time that time is bit quiet and only few tourist.

I am from Delhi, I am from Bangladesh. I love travelling a lot.

Former Google Contributor

That's great @AbdullahAM! Thanks for your tips and looking forward to see more traveling stories from you 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @DanniS

Thank you, I will share more post about this visit.

Google Moderator

Hey @AbdullahAM

I have checked your previous posts. Taj Mahal is on my bucket list. I also like the emperor's love story which was the reason for its existence.

I wanted to share this article 13 amazing photos taken by Local Guides from Delhi which was posted yesterday. I thought you might find interesting. There are some really nice photos of Delhi shared by other Local Guides.

Enjoy!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @MoniDi

Sounds great!

I just saw this post, all are beautiful photos throughout the India.

Connect Moderator

@AbdullahAM These are nice photos n. You are like a professional guiding instructor. Very informative and beautiful post ..

Keep sharing ...

Happy Guiding!