NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Heritage Walk - Ahmedabad (Recap)

Hi there!
Here I’m sharing with you RECAP of The Great Indian Heritage walk - Ahmedabad meetup which was posted by me. 

This meetup was a part of The Great Indian Heritage Walk India organised by a Delhi Local Guide @AmbrishVarshney

It was a beautiful morning when I started my journey from my home to Ahmedabad. After reaching the meetup point, I waited for other meetup participants but no LG joined me. 

After almost half an hour, I received a call from @Rajanshah who told me that he would come along with two of his guests, therefore I waited for him. Once Mr. Rajan reached the Meetup starting point along with two of his friends, we started our heritage walk after a short introduction.

Ahmedabad is 600 years old ancient city. It has some finest Indian Islamic architecture monuments as well as beautiful temples of Hindus and Jains. 

The walk commences from the early 19th century Swaminarayan Temple Kalupur, encompasses 20 main spots besides numerous areas and aspects of the old city. We explored almost all the heritage sites in between our path.  
A beautiful wood carving Zarookha at Swaminarayan TempleA beautiful wood carving Zarookha at Swaminarayan Temple
Swaminarayan Temple, KalupurSwaminarayan Temple, Kalupur
At last we reached a famous mosque built in  15th century namely Jama Masjid, where we ended our meetup walk. 
Jama MasjidJama MasjidJain TemplesJain Temples

As we started our Meetup from a Hindu temple and concluded in front of a Muslim mosque, hence it would be appropriate to address our Meetup as "The journey from Mandir to Masjid".

The following Heritage sites were covered by us during this meetup. 

• Swaminarayan Temple
  • Poet Dalpatram Memorial Chowk
  • Kala Ramji Temple
  • Shantinath Pole
  • Jain Temples
  • Doshiwada ni Pole
  • Harkuvar Shethanini Haveli
  • Rani no Hajiro
  • Ahmed Shah Badsah’s Tomb and last point was
  • Jama masjid

It was truly an amazing experience while exploring these Heritage sites. We learnt many unknown facts about these places. We hope that our contribution by adding reviews, photos etc will help a lot of local and foreign tourists who come to Ahmedabad for visiting these places.

Photo Album here

Thanks.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
28 comments
Level 7

Re: Heritage Walk - Ahmedabad (Recap)

@NareshDarji Grt job you always do the superb work 

Always inspiring us

Congrats 

Level 10

@NareshDarji I missed joining you there in Ahmedabad brother. The temple photos look amazing. I must get there some day soon. 

Level 8

Hello @NareshDarji

Thank you very much for sharing @NareshDarji All photos superb 😍

Level 10

Good job bro @NareshDarji

Level 10

Thank you @NareshDarji bhai for taking part in India's First The Great India Heritage Walk and also sharing these stunning images. Keep this Great Work 

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

Excellent work . sorry for not joining in event because of unavoidable circumstances. @NareshDarji thanks for sharing the details about places and increase our knowledge about our Indian heritage places.

Level 8

Very good job.... 👍

Level 8

Very good job.... 

Level 8

Thanks for sharing the details of the heritage places in amdavad and  Good click also. Wee can increase our knowledge about places.