MutiahA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Here's How To Save The Planet Thru Your Reviews

@MutiahA your are really living up to the word Local Guide! Your initiative is helping solve a local problem although it is also a global issue. 

I have volunteered with a Local NGO (Kids Beach Garden) to clean the ocean and rescue turtles in Lagos. 

I shall join you in using the hastag to create awreness on ecofriendly bags and lifestyle. 

Goodluck! 

Level 9

Hi, Sam! @SP31 🙂
You're right, that's why sharing the right information and helpful tips can lead to a better view of a campaign, such as #ecolifestyle. I also love your ideas about mapping donations center. I think that donating unused clothes and stuff that it's still in a good condition is also an implementation of "Reuse", a part of #ecolifestyle. We truly can share many good ideas between these two 🙂

Regards,

Mutiah

Level 9

Thanks a lot, @EmekaUlor!
We're all striving to solve the global issues with our capabilities. It's a huge problem that needs to be chunked into small parts that can be solved by people, one thing at a time. You with your One Accessibility campaign, I'm also trying with the #ecolifestyle campaign, we're all trying to live the word "Local Guides" now - because, in the end, the person who can truly help the environment is the person that already placed and lived there who knew it well, live in it.

I support your campaign and also your environment acts. Thanks for also using the hashtag. More people aware of the #ecolifestyle, the easier it was to clean the river and ocean because the waste is getting lesser and lesser.
All the best for all of us.

Mutiah

Connect Moderator

Haha @MutiahA, yes, kids are easily teachable about the #ecoIifestyle. In my household we make it a game about what is trash and what is recyclable and where each belongs. I get my wee ones to show us what is “trash” and then I tell them to either throw it in our kitchen trash can or recycling box.

Kids are fascinated by this, or at least mine = ).  They would pick up things off the floor at home - lint, scraps of paper, my single strains of hair (yes, they have great eye sight!) - and want to show us starting around a year and a half. At first, we would laugh at this. But they kept on and still do this so we started to make this a game and encourage them to do so by simply saying “thank you,” “yayyy!,” “go put this in the trash can.” They light up with excitement and run to the trash can or now recycling box (when we hand them used paper, old newspaper, or sales ads) who can do this first.

What I am trying to say here is encourage and motivate kids as early as they can understand what you want them to learn and do. If you want kids to learn how to hold trash, teach them that and once they are near a trash can they can then dump the trash themselves. Kids love to be “grownups” and do grownup things.

I have fond memories with my younger brother running over who was first to dump the used paper wraps, paper containers, and paper cups in the trash can after we ate our meal at McDonalds. My mom still laughs about it. I think we were like 4 - 6 years old. I do remember fighting literally over who would get to empty the tray first (we would run) into the big brown trash box inside the McDonalds. We must have been a sight to see!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@MutiahA very good effort here, yes this a good way to create awareness for the #LocalGuides Clean The World Program, we are hoping to have our own #Tag  #CleanTheWorld for the Map which I edit, It would be great to hear lots of interesting stories like this in future if you like to add your CTW meet-ups please tag me in your [Recap] post and I will insert your story for you  Here and find relative tools Here you will need and be sure to provide coordinates or Google Maps locations in reference for me to help develop your story  along with link to your Photo Album

Thanks kindly, Global My maps editor @DavidTito and @ErmesT

Thanks @KarenVChin

Level 9

Wow, thanks a lot @KarenVChin for written it thoroughly. I can really imagine that.
"Kids love to be “grownups” and do grownup things."  Definitely, I can relate to this lol. My niece is always like that!
Yes, we should be their role model. Show them once and they'll stick to it. The childhood memory is very important.
Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts, Karen. 

Cheers,

Mutiah

Level 9

Hello @DavidTito, thanks for your appreciation!
Sure, I do really hope that this small campaign can reach more and more people, starts from fellow Local Guides using the #ecolifestyle hashtag and sharing some simple tips about it on their reviews. About the #LGCTW meet-up, I'm still discussing it with @RiverDefender - Hopefully, it can be released soon! 

Cheers,

Mutiah

Level 8

@MutiahA I definitely see a strong point here in relation to your Google Maps review, I would be interested in seeing those same reviews after one month I sense the views will grow 

Former Google Contributor

This meet-up is going to have a very interesting recap I'm sure of it, @MutiahA. Thanks for sharing. Which are the most memorable national heroes of India?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you @MutiahA for this awesome post. I am also editing my old posts, which i find very important for improve our contribution quality.