Helping People

i want to help people without any given take policy

Siliguri, West Bengal, India
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Helping People

Hi @ghoshbappa

You are at right place to help people.

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Helping People

Hi @ghoshbappa,

Welcome to Connect. 

I just wanted to let you know that there are lots of ways to contribute that will help your community.

Contributing on Maps

The best ways to contribute and get points are

• Add new places
  • Add meaningful quality photos to places
  • Edit places to update them to correct information.
  • Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
  • Add photos to places you visit, most places deserve two to three photos, one of the outside of the place, one of the inside and perhaps a product shot. Some places may deserve more such as large stores, tourist attractions or cultural landmarks.

While contributing is a lot of fun and rewarding, I always caution people about growing in points too quickly. Organic growth a little at a time is always best. Those  who shoot up like rockets sometimes are making low quality contributions and may have contributions removed with a subsequent loss of points.

For everything you contribute, always think to yourself, would I find what I'm about to add useful? If the answer is yes then go ahead and do it, otherwise think about holding back.

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.

Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!