Amir_gvc's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Help

Hi,

I am new contributor. Can I upload any photos which contains human face?

Thanks. 

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Help

Hi @Amir_gvc A Warm Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

Privacy concerns is an important issue in maps. Even if a lot of people use Maps as a personal album of their vacations, their contributions are frequently flagged as "private", not publicly visible (and not giving points). My personal opinion is to avoid the publication of faces, car plates, and any other data that can potentially violate the privacy. 

There are free software to blur this kind of information. 

Please review the program rules, included the files linked inside:

https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/

As this is your first post in here, i take also  the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 8

Re: Help

Hi @Amir_gvc, Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Thank you so for posting your query.

You can upload photos in local guides forum which contains human face. But you can't do it in google map.

Hope you can understand.

- Thank you