catwu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Help us ask better questions on Google Maps

@ErmesT, you read my mind.

I haven't really had the time or even the right thinking space to come up with the experiences I've had with the questions, but I will do as much as I can to provide further input by the due date. Most of my focus right now is directed towards 'you know what' (which shouldn't be), as well as the silly questions "local" guides ask such as someone asking "do u sell chicken" on KFC.

Level 6

Great to see you’re looking at this cat, here’s what’s always bugged me.

What question doesn’t seem right to you?

Is this place popular with the college crowd?

What place?

Many bars/restaurants

What country?

Australia

What language?

English

What’s wrong with this question?

We don’t call it college in Australia.

How can we improve this question?

Is this place popular with students?

Level 10

Good teaching for us. @catwu Thanks for your article.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 1

Перевод искажен, трудно понять слова.

Level 9

@catwu  Thanks for the updation.

Level 8

Hi,

I am not sure I understand this forum thread, does it not make much more sense to use the available question feedback form in the app?

the form that shows up when clicking on the flagthe form that shows up when clicking on the flag

One question that I have already reported via this route are the bulk items questions.

What question doesn’t seem right to you? Something like: Does this place sell bulk items?

What place? Usely shows up in categories like a grocery store, supermarket, etc.

What country? Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands

What language? English

What’s wrong with this question? It is an ambiguous question. If the place sells packs of 12 toilet rolls, does that count as bulk, or should it be 24 and above?

How can we improve this question? I guess this question arises from places like the US where people might do their main grocery shopping once a month. Grocery stores that only sell large quantities do exist, but there are very few, like the Macro. Unless you live on a farm or run a cantine for a sports club, etc. people do not have enough space in their homes to buy bulk items as they are sold in the Makro. The largest supermarkets I have seen in Europe might have 30 different olive oils, but they still sell them by the single bottle. 

Level 9

Nice idea to generate a real and good question about a local place @catwu and it will crawl a original and real fact about the place by the contributions of local guides. Thank you @KarenVChin for letting me know about this great initiative.

@KarenVChin wrote:

YESSS!!!!! In terms of cultural confusion, this feedback request is so much needed and and greatly requested here on Connect and from Local Guides who are not on Connect @catwu.

I’m sure you will get a lot of response to your feedback request globally!

@OSAMA @HelloSamsonR @MahabubMunna @ProfArunCM @Kamalhasnainee @U-royFelixA @DavidTito @Briggs, here is your chance to provide Google Maps auto Questions feedback by Dec 1

Please share this with your fellow Local Guides in your communities.

Cheers,

Karen

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

Hey! Here are some feedbacks as well :

What question doesn’t seem right to you? Does this place have a salad bar?

What place? almost every cafes or restaurants

What country? The Netherlands, France, U.S.

What language? English

What’s wrong with this question? On 2000 questions, I answered maybe once "yes" to this question. It is really too specific.

How can we improve this question? I guess the goal here is to talk about "buffet" or self-service restaurant, which is actually more relevant. Is this a self-service restaurant? Is there a buffet?

Other feedbacks on specific location : Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

What question doesn’t seem right to you? Is there a parking lot or structure?

What place? any place

What country? The Netherlands, Amsterdam.

What language? English

What’s wrong with this question? It must be more specific, because cars are not the usually transportation mode here. There are almost no parking lot or structure in Amsterdam, mostly parking garages (paid service).

How can we improve this question? A more "bicycle-oriented" question would be more relevant : Is there a bike stall? Do you consider this place far by feet from parking garage?

What question doesn’t seem right to you? Can you pay with debit card?

What place? any place

What country? The Netherlands.

What language? English

What’s wrong with this question? It is actually an important question, but with credit card (debit cards are the usual cards). Debit card is common, you can always pay with debit card. But credit card (especially relevant if you're a tourist from other countries) is not frequent.

How can we improve this question? Can you pay with credit card?

Thank you, have a nice day!

Level 8

@KarenVChin @catwufirst of all Thank you for this offer and I do provide feedback frequently through the app, I do have a few but now I need decide which one it will be, I will return soon in good thought thank you I am honored 

Level 8

@OmarBD @Kamalhasnainee @catwu this is great I'm with you guys totally 

@OmarBD wrote:

Good teaching for us. @catwu Thanks for your article.