Level 8

Help needed, Not able to review a place

Old Sangvi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra, India
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Help needed, Not able to review a place

@Neminath It's likely that when you find a place that you cannot add a photo or cannot write a review, you may find you cannot edit that place as well. If that's the case, you may been looking at a polygon instead of a point. To understand the background around polygons in Maps, you may want to read this post, (read the first post, look at the location, and read the long reply by Flash on the first page).

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-a-Place-When-It-Already-Exists-in-Si...

Flash has outline some way to help resolve this, so do refer to his post. 

View solution in original post

Level 10

@Neminath. I come across these occasionally and they are usually parks as well.  I assume the ones I see were just stripped from maps initially and were not set up for reviews but yours has a lot of photos.  What I do is just add the place as a new place.  Somehow the information I do not include from the existing listing eventually gets incorporated into my new addition.

Level 10
Solution

@Neminath It's likely that when you find a place that you cannot add a photo or cannot write a review, you may find you cannot edit that place as well. If that's the case, you may been looking at a polygon instead of a point. To understand the background around polygons in Maps, you may want to read this post, (read the first post, look at the location, and read the long reply by Flash on the first page).

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Adding-a-Place-When-It-Already-Exists-in-Si...

Flash has outline some way to help resolve this, so do refer to his post. 

Level 9

Update: Hello @Neminath,

I can see now there are two listings on the same location and needs to merge with each other. 

1. https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Shivaji+Udyan/@18.5730107,73.8233171,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x3bc2b...
  2. https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Late+Tanajirao+Shitole+Udyan/@18.5730107,73.8233171,19z/data=!4m...

It looks like someone added another listing at that location to leave reviews; while there was already a listing for the same park. If you know this place kindly send feedback to remov e the polygon(if needed) & report the second listing as duplicate to first one. I'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Good day

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@deepakjhic Hi, I only added the other place to add my review and photos. I will now send feedback to remove the polygon place. Thanks for your response. 🙂

Level 9

Hie @Neminath,

@deepakjhic Hi, I only added the other place to add my review and photos. I will not send feedback to remove the polygon place. Thanks for your response. 🙂

Thank you for writing back. I want to let you know that as of now there are two listings for single park. In future there will be more reviews on both listings. I recommend you to send a request to merg with each other as you're local to that park. 

Rest is your choice. Good Day.

Level 8

@deepakjhic,

Hey my apologies for typo mistake

Please read "I will now send feedback to remove the polygon place." instead of "I will not send feedback to remove the polygon place".

Thanks for help ! 🙂

Level 9

Thank you for updating me @Neminath

By the way I like your signature line