Czrogers's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Help! I left a bad review and now I have a stalker!

Hey fellow local guides! I wrote a bad review about a company and now the company has looked up my personal information and is leaving threatening voice mails on my phone. I am currently a level 8 so I worked hard for this but I do not feel safe using my real name. Is there any way to hide it from businesses or change my name? Please any advice will help.

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Help! I left a bad review and now I have a stalker!

Hi @Czrogers,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience.

Please reach out to the Google My Business community at Google My Business Community where the community managers and experts would be able to advise you accordingly.

At the GMB community, I suggest clicking on Spam & Policy, then creating a post there. Please note not to include any of your or the business' personal information, but rather allow a community expert or Googler to contact you to obtain it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

If you are feeling threatened by someone @Czrogers, you need to contact the appropriate authorities where you live. Like most things on internet, you shouldn't have personal details and sometimes worth having a nickname. I hope you get this sorted out. If the place deserved a bad review, there is no reason to feel guilty about it.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

Hello @Czrogers,

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience.

While we can't investigate individual cases, we take your privacy very seriously, so you're free to use whatever name you'd like for your Google account. (i.e. it doesn't have to be your real name) or you can use a nickname.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Solution

Hi @Czrogers,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience.

Please reach out to the Google My Business community at Google My Business Community where the community managers and experts would be able to advise you accordingly.

At the GMB community, I suggest clicking on Spam & Policy, then creating a post there. Please note not to include any of your or the business' personal information, but rather allow a community expert or Googler to contact you to obtain it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @Czrogers in a similar way that you can report a bad Local Guide here you can also report a bad business on the Google My Business forums. Visit https://business.google.com/ and post on the support forum. Don't include details just ask to be contacted about it.

Regards Paul