響窪's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Re: Hello from Tokyo Japan!

I agree with fellow travellers in this thread - I had great expereince so far with AirBnB in terms of quality and services as well - worth a try if needed.

Level 2

Hello,

Me and my friend are going to visit Japan in September and October this year (2nd time for me!). Of course, we will visit Tokyo during 4-5 days 🙂 Do you have some address to eat great ramen, to have a traditionnal breakfast? Or any other good addresses?

What about Ghibli Museum, should we plan a whole day to visit?

Thank and if you plan to travel to Switzerland, I'm your guide 😉

Maud

Level 2

@FarazA wrote:

Is there some event or festival happening at that time that I dont know about?

There is the so called "silver week". September 19 and September 22 are public holidays and lots of people like to combine them and take the whole week off. Just like the "golden week" and new year it is not very convenient to travel around that time.

Connect Moderator

@GeorgiG I'm actually planning to travel around that time. I'm a bit concerned now. Is it bad as golden week? I'm planning to spend a few days in Tokyo before heading to Hokkaido.

Level 2

Yoyo, heading to Tokyo 23-29th September 2016 from London.

Hit me up lets do this!

Level 1

Hello guys,

I'm planning to visit Japan at the end of month and will be in Tokyo from 7-11 Nov and I'm planning to go to eat some good sushi / sashimi to get my craving fixed. Any local recommendations? where price isn't that expensive yet good quality sushi 

I'm actually planning to try several michelin sushi restaurant but it seems that I need to make a reservation (and it will take months before I actually get my slot) 

Lastly, just wondering if anyone willing to accompany me to grab a few sushi/sashimi while I'm in Tokyo? (who don't mind the price) as my friend is allergic to seafood and I can't speak Japanese (AFAIK, most of the chef and staff don't speak English, so I'm afraid there might be some miscommunication)

Thanks in advanced! 

Connect Moderator

Hey @WilsonW, most sushi places in Tokyo will have English menu. Most likely you'll get a piece of paper to put in your order. They might only have Japanese language only on the paper, but don't be afraid. They will have a number in it, then you can go look at the big menu book. Match the picture with the number to order. It should be pretty straighforward.

One place I can recommend (and was recommended by a Sapporo Local Guide), is the sushi shop in Tokyo Skytree - TORITON. I've also tried the conveyor belt sushi at Haneda and Narita airport, and they're both pretty good. Even managed to try shirako (Google it 😛 ). Both are very tourist friendly. I've also been to this place in Shibuya which has pretty good sushi - すしざんまい渋谷東急本店前店

And of course, you can also try getting a reservation at Sukiyabashi Jiro. I don't think I need to put a Google Maps location for this :). Getting a reservation on the main shop in Ginza is pretty challenging, but you can try to get a reservation on the Roppongi Hills location (operated by Jiro's son). I was able to get a reservation there two years ago. Try to get someone local to call the restaurant and make a reservation. If you're staying at a high end hotel, you can try your luck with the main shop. Ask the bell boy to personally go to the shop and make the reservation, or ask the reservation desk to do it. It's based on luck as well.

Good luck! And please remember that green powder is green tea! Not seasonings! (I've seen guests put them on the sushi)

Level 1

Hi Ivan 

thanks for the recommendation for the sushi, unfortunately I don't stay at high end hotel etc, but in airbnb and seems the host couldn't make a reservation for me, just wondering if there's any community of expat living in tokyo? that explores food (blogger) ?

@IvanY wrote:

Hey @WilsonW, most sushi places in Tokyo will have English menu. Most likely you'll get a piece of paper to put in your order. They might only have Japanese language only on the paper, but don't be afraid. They will have a number in it, then you can go look at the big menu book. Match the picture with the number to order. It should be pretty straighforward.

One place I can recommend (and was recommended by a Sapporo Local Guide), is the sushi shop in Tokyo Skytree - TORITON. I've also tried the conveyor belt sushi at Haneda and Narita airport, and they're both pretty good. Even managed to try shirako (Google it 😛 ). Both are very tourist friendly. I've also been to this place in Shibuya which has pretty good sushi - すしざんまい渋谷東急本店前店

And of course, you can also try getting a reservation at Sukiyabashi Jiro. I don't think I need to put a Google Maps location for this :). Getting a reservation on the main shop in Ginza is pretty challenging, but you can try to get a reservation on the Roppongi Hills location (operated by Jiro's son). I was able to get a reservation there two years ago. Try to get someone local to call the restaurant and make a reservation. If you're staying at a high end hotel, you can try your luck with the main shop. Ask the bell boy to personally go to the shop and make the reservation, or ask the reservation desk to do it. It's based on luck as well.

Good luck! And please remember that green powder is green tea! Not seasonings! (I've seen guests put them on the sushi)

Level 4

hello i'm visit tokyo Feb.10 in chuo honcho

so , can you recommend some advice for me?

ps: sorry i'm little english and We want to go to karaoke.\

こんにちは、私は東京を訪問しています。

そう、私のためにいくつかのアドバイスをお勧めしますか?

ps:すみません、私は少し英語です。私たちはカラオケに行きたいです。

Level 6

Hi, I am from Indonesia. I've been there a year ago. You have such a wonderful country. I absolutely go there again one day. 

Please feel free to watch my video when I visited your country. 🙂