SeaGypsySuz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Hello - Hola

My name is Suzanne.  I am an American living in Mexico on sailboat SV Epiphany.  I retired a tiny bit early and decided I needed to get out of the "rat race" of corporate America where all we do is acquire more stuff.  I wanted to see the world, meet new people and live the rest of my life doing positive and random acts of kindness.

I've been traveling around to various ports and doing a lot of photo blogging as I go.  I tend to focus on sailing or sail related photos but I also love to help local business people I run into on our adventures.  We travel to some pretty obscure places and I enjoying sharing my journey, along with the yummy food we eat, on Google Maps.

The good people here in Mexico can use all the help they can get trying to make a living as there is a huge disparity here between the haves and the have nots.  It's a real eye opener to see how some people manage to live with really very little.  I recently wrote a story about Dona Mari, a 94 year old woman, who lives under a bridge here in La Cruz.  She makes her living by going through garbage cans to dig out cans.  Just when you think your life is rough, you run into so many others who have struggled their entire life.  Traveling is a good way of better understanding poverty and what life is really like outside of your home country.

Here are some of my favorite photos.  By the way, I use only a Pixel phone (that I LOVE).  I am on various forms of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and I have my own website).  I would love to connect with you there too.  A follow for a follow will give us both more exposure and allow our work to be shared with more people.  Let's connect!

SeaGypsySuz

Suzanne

Dona Mari - 94 yr old Recycling MatriarchDona Mari - 94 yr old Recycling MatriarchMiddle of the Pacific OceanMiddle of the Pacific OceanA No Wind SunriseA No Wind SunriseSunrise after night watch - Reward!Sunrise after night watch - Reward!The Trade Winds - SV EpiphanyThe Trade Winds - SV Epiphany

La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit, Mexico
1 comment
Level 7

Re: Hello - Hola

Hola @SeaGypsySuz

Great work.

Pics are awesome.