StevenGolab's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Hello Everyone :).

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to start a little greeting here and give a little brief introduction. To be honest, I have been a local guide for a few months now and really have dove in on reviewing, and editing the map to insure accuracy.  The more I do it the more I get a sense of accomplishment knowing people can get the most out of google maps and google search in general. However, I did not know this site was around till a few weeks ago so I'm a little behind on the game as far as local guide connect goes, but, that will start to change!

I live in Orlando currently but I reside from Fayetteville, Arkansas. I am a sleep technologist by trade but a die hard foodie and explorer at heart. Being a Local guide I feel has been mutually rewarding as it helps others, but also helps me explore and learn new things myself. It is a great tool but the people are really what is making the difference. It is great to see a community like connect so that we can hone our skills and learn from others what it means to be a local guide. Now that I have got back from my honeymoon in Ireland and things are settling down I hope to join the community here more frequently and hopefully make some good friends along the way!

Cheers!

,Steven G.

Sleep technologist bye night, foodie and explorer by day.
2 comments
Level 9

Re: Hello Everyone :).

Hi @StevenGolab

Welcome to Google connect and maps.
This is the world local guide family.

Read this post to know how to do it  https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/2622947?hl=en&ref_topic=6224587
Before starting this passionate adventure, I advise you to 
 introduce yourself to the community Here
for a good understanding of the program read this Link for maps and    Using local guide connect   to get an easy way to understand connect.

Regards,

Shravan

Level 8

Re: Hello Everyone :).

Thank you for the advice! I will be sure to do so :). 

Sleep technologist bye night, foodie and explorer by day.