jopenogra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Hello! Anyone from Taipei?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Connect as Taiwan has a Google+ group for discussion in Chinese, but I also love to contribute more in English.

I'm TY from Taipei, and have been with Local Guides since 2015, when the program started to get more attention from the public.

Local Guides has become sort of a daily routine for me, since I like to take photos of the food I eat in restaurants and upload to Google Maps, and I eat in restaurants A LOT.

And when I eat out, I also check out the reviews and photos on Google Maps, which I think is a great cycle everyone can benefit from. (well except for owners of the 1 star places maybe... :P)

Earlier this year, much to my surprise, I found out that number of views to all Local Guides photos just surpassed 1 billion, at the time when I clocked in about 20 millions. That gave me such a rush knowing that my views accounts for 2% of total views in the Local Guides community, which is just crazy. I do like to think my contributions can help people like me when they're trying to figure out where to eat or go.

I'd like to meet more Local Guides from Taipei to explore new places and experiences, and share each other's stories. 

Below is a photo I took during my trip to Paris at the amazing restaurant, where the food and lighting was awesome. (Any Pixel 2 owner here? Gosh I love this phone.)

Roast chump of veal, jus 'en croute'Roast chump of veal, jus 'en croute'

Taipei City, 台灣
19 comments
Level 10

Re: Hello! Anyone from Taipei?

Hi @jopenogra
Welcome to Google connect 
This is the world local guide family.

Please keep sharing your passion with the community.
Before continuing this passionate adventure, I advise you to 
 introduce yourself to the community Here
for a good understanding of the program read Using local guide connect   to get an easy way to understand connect.
See you around

Level 10

Hi @Venance

Thank you for the welcome kind advice. Will do.

Level 6

Hiii, I'm based in Taipei as well and also a newbie in this community! Nice to meet you. 🙂

Level 7

Me too! I travelled around the world and love good too!! currently in Taipei ! Let's meet up!

Level 8

Unfortunately, I haven't acquired a taste for stinky tofu.  But, I'd love to visit Taiwan

Level 7

I know couple best one! will show u around if u come!

Level 8

@jopenogra hey!  If I had known... we could've meet up. Our family lives in Linkou. But my husband and I are in Manila now. Hope to meet you on our next visit! 

Level 7

Greetings! I've been posting photos, reviews, and edits for a while, but forgot about also checking out this forum! Been in Taipei for over half a year (coming from the States), and would love to meet up with other fellow guides. 😄

Level 7

Hi TY! This is Jamie also from Taipei!!! 🙂