AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Hashtags - How we can use it with Local Guides Connect and Google Plus?

A pound sign (or hash) turns any word or group of words that directly follow it into a searchable link in many social media. 

hashtag.jpg

Photo Credit 

We can use single word or group of words for this. 

I want to know how we can use Hashtags in Loca Guides Connect and Google Plus get maximum search results for posts. Can everyone share their thoughts on how we can use Hashtags effectively?

Can we use it for promoting event, post, etc...? 

Kalutara North, Wadduwa, Western Province, Sri Lanka
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Hashtags - How we can use it with Local Guides Connect and Google Plus?

Hashtags is not used for search purpose within LGC @AnuradhaP, but what you can do is enter tags under 'Message Tags' when you're creating your post. If many people are using the same tags, there's a chance it will be shown on the bottom right side of the main page. You can also click on the tags to see other posts that are using the same tags.

You can use hashtags on Google+.

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Hashtags - How we can use it with Local Guides Connect and Google Plus?

@IvanY wrote:

what you can do is enter tags under 'Message Tags' when you're creating your post

Hi @iyudhi message tags are a great idea but they have been rendered somewhat useless in Connect because they were misused. For example, two of the most common tags in Connect are 'Bangladesh' and 'Comilla' but if you click though on many of the posts using those tags you'll find the content has no relevance. 

I brought this up in a Feedback post some time but didn't get a reply. I think it would be helpful to get some Moderator guidance on correct usage to stop (and remove?) spammy tags