IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Haridwar, The City of Gods

Caption: Pilgrimages from different states of India taking bath in divine Ganga water at  Har ki pauri, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, IndiaCaption: Pilgrimages from different states of India taking bath in divine Ganga water at Har ki pau...Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India

We had a lot of fun yesterday as i mentioned in my previous post,

A day in Rishikesh

the post was related to exlporing Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. I am with my some friends and last night we checked in a hotel at Rishikesh after traveling much distance by our own vehicle. Now we are approaching towards Haridwar which is also a very famous tourist destination in India. Haridwar is famous since ancient history of India here people comes from different countries of the world to appreciate the beauty of divine Ganga and addorable mountains in Haridwar. 

How to visit Haridwar?

•Haridwar is 25 Km away from Rishikesh (about 45 minutes journey) by taxi or private bus. You can also cover this journey by roadways buses of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh here buses facility is about 24×7 from Rishikesh to Haridwar or vice versa.

•If you want to travel by train then the nearby railway station is Haridwar.

Now i want to share some information related to Haridwar.

Haridwar is one of the ancient holy place for Hindus which is located in northern side of India; actually Haridwar is a famous district in Uttarakhand ( A state in Northern India).

According to Hindu mythology it was here that Goddess Ganga when Lord SHIVA released the mighty river from the lock of his hairs

(previously it was believe that the Goddess Ganga was locked in Lord Shiva hairs).

River Ganga of the flowing about 253 Km from its source at Gaumukh at the edge of Gangotri glacier in Uttarakhand.

The official language of Uttarakhand is Hindi. Haridwar is regarded as one of the holiest place of Hindus and the favourite place of Lord Shiva too.

We are moving in some famous temples in Haridwar like : Har ki Pauri, Neelkanth Mahadev Mandir, Pawaan dham and various religious 

Spots.

Stay tuned for my future posts.

Have a good day:)

Caption: Iron bridge on the Ganga river at Har ki pauri, Haridwar, UttarakhandCaption: Iron bridge on the Ganga river at Har ki pauri, Haridwar, Uttarakhand

Clock Tower in Haridwar, UttarakhandClock Tower in Haridwar, Uttarakhand 

Caption: A foot over Iron bridge on Ganga river in HaridwarCaption: A foot over Iron bridge on Ganga river in Haridwar

Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Haridwar, The City of Gods

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thanks for sharing!

I've just released your post from our spam quarantine. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Our spam filters run 24/7 and can be a bit harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Your post was a very interesting read to me, and I really enjoyed your photos too. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Don't let this get your spirit down @IshantHP_ig.

I really enjoy your travel posts and hope you keep up the good work. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thanks @MortenSI

For the good words for me;) i always post my daily stories here, you can check more stories of me. 😊

Thanks once again 🙏

Happy new year to you and your family!

I will be on the lookout for more great posts from you, and I'm looking forward to read more of your stories @IshantHP_ig.

Happy new year to you as well.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful city with the community, @IshantHP_ig. The iron bridge is breathtaking. What is the best time of the year to visit the place? 

Also, did you plan any interesting trips for 2019 or do you like doing them spontaneously? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Actually you can visit at Haridwar in any month, here the vibes and Divine Ganges always looks same, since childhood i am visiting this place and i have some good memories of my childhood at this place.

My travels plans are always unplanned:) because i am travelholic and sometimes i like to travel solo 🙂

Welcome in India @IrrPavlova

Thanks for the invitation, @IshantHP_ig. Travelling without a plan is could be many times more fun from my experience. I enjoy solo travelling from time to time as well. This is when I spend the most time in galleries and museums. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!