ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Level 10

Happy friends day! | July 20th

Hello Local Guides from all around the world! I hope you are doing very well.

I'm writing this post to wish you happy friend's day! In Argentina we celebrate it on July 20th. I've read that it's also celebrated in Brazil, Uruguay and Spain.

But why do we celebrate it on July 20th?

Well, the main reason is that the human landed on the moon that day, 49 years ago. But there is a deeper meaning to it!

There was an argentine professor called Enrique Febbraro, who was also a dentist and a musician. He though that this great event that changed the world in an instant was a great chance to connect with his friends from all around the world. So he decided to write and send them 1000 post cards! 700 of them answered (a great number!) and that day remained as very special and important.

He said "I thought about the moon-landing as a friendship gesture of humanity towards the universe, and at the same time I said to myself that a town of friends would be an invincible nation. That's it, July 20th is the chosen day!"

How do we celebrate?

It is very common to go out for lunch or dinner. Groups of friends from all around the country gather together to celebrate friendship! Bars and restaurants are always full of people (you have to make a reservation!) and it's a happy day for everyone. In my case, I will celebrate by having lunch at a restaurant with my friends from work, and then I will be having dinner with my life-long friends. We will probably cook some mexican food and then play table games like pictionary or monopoly ๐Ÿ™‚

Celebrations in other countries

I found that friendship is celebrated in many other countries worldwide, and the dates are different. Here is what I found:

February 14th (day of love and friendship): Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Peru, Venezuela and Panama

First Saturday of July (day of friendship): Peru

July 23rd: Bolivia

First Saturday of August (international friendship day): USA and India

Third Saturday of September (day of love and friendship): Colombia

First Friday of October: Chile

What about you? Do you celebrate friends day? How do you celebrate it?

@OSAMA @Surendra @Sagir @Gio51x @KlaudiyaG @KarenVChin @AnitaAO @BishowvijayaP

Sources: http://www.wikipedia.com; http://www.infobae.com; http://www.elterritorio.com.ar

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Buenos Aires, CABA, Argentina
26 comments
Level 9

Re: Happy friends day! | July 20th

Everyday for me is friendship day @ValeriaA_ ๐Ÿ™‚ as @BishowvijayaP will say ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy friendship day my Great friend ๐Ÿ™‚

I am very happy I am a part of this big diverse community , and I am very proud having great  friends from all around the world ,

Connect Moderator

That is a great idea and holiday @ValeriaA_,  For us here in America, we don't have a national friendship day.

We do have Valentine's Day, which is February 14th, in which kids to adults celebrate it by giving each other Valentine's Day cards, flowers, chocolates or candy in heart-shaped boxes or heart shape in itself.  As you get older, Valentine's Day is for couples, which you give as I described above, plus then go out to lunch or dinner, sometimes mini vacations too.  Valentine's Day is one of two biggest holidays for buying jewelry to give as gifts.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Happy friendship day my Global friends!  @ValeriaA_ @OSAMA

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

You always keep my good verses on your mind @OSAMA so its open truth that we are best friends. Of course every single day is friendship day. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Happy friendship day @ValeriaA_. Its a day to analyze & celebrate the friendship we have made throughout the year.๐Ÿ˜€

Level 9

Hello @ValeriaA_

We do celebrate friendship day in India by sharing friendship bands and chocolates on 20th of July which is tomorrow by the way.

Happy friendship day to you too hope we meet soon .

Connect Moderator

In Nigeria we don't have a day put aside to celebrate friendship. 

But, Friendship is something to celebrate everyday...

As @BishowvijayaP said quoted by @OSAMA "everyday is a frienshifrday".

I'm always happy and pleased to be in the most of this global friends...

You are a great friend @ValeriaA_ I'm proud to call you a friend ...

Enjoy your friendship Day tomorrow...

I celebrate you too my friend @Julien44

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

That's a nice saying @OSAMA! I'm happy to be your friend ๐Ÿ™‚

@OSAMA  escribiรณ:

Everyday for me is friendship day @ValeriaA_ ๐Ÿ™‚ as @BishowvijayaP will say ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy friendship day my Great friend ๐Ÿ™‚

I am very happy I am a part of this big diverse community , and I am very proud having great  friends from all around the world ,

Level 10

@KarenVChin I didn't know about the other side of Valentine's day! It's very nice that you celebrate friendship too and kids are also invited to celebrate it!

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes

Valeria

@KarenVChin  escribiรณ:

That is a great idea and holiday @ValeriaA_,  For us here in America, we don't have a national friendship day.

We do have Valentine's Day, which is February 14th, in which kids to adults celebrate it by giving each other Valentine's Day cards, flowers, chocolates or candy in heart-shaped boxes or heart shape in itself.  As you get older, Valentine's Day is for couples, which you give as I described above, plus then go out to lunch or dinner, sometimes mini vacations too.  Valentine's Day is one of two biggest holidays for buying jewelry to give as gifts.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Happy friends day @NareshDarji! ๐Ÿ™‚

@NareshDarji  escribiรณ:

Happy friendship day my Global friends!  @ValeriaA_ @OSAMA