NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Happy World Tourism Day 2018

Namaste , Local Guides ! 

Today is World Tourism Day 2018  (In Nepali : विश्व पर्यटन दिवस २०१८ ) So, on this very special day I would like to wish you all a very Happy World Tourism Day 2018 from  Nepal, country of Earth's highest mountain. 

World Tourism Day, celebrated every 27 September around the world, is a unique opportunity to raise awareness on tourism’s actual and potential contribution to sustainable development. 

“Tourism and the Digital Transformation” is the theme of this year’s World Tourism Day (WTD).

wt-2018-header.jpg

“Atithi Dewo Bhawa”, in Sanskrit, literally means Guest is God. This adage expresses Nepali cultural character since the time immemorial. This reflects age-long cultural characteristics of the Nepali civilization that derived its linguistic, religious and socio-cultural features from Sanskrit.

Here are some major Tourist Places, Religious Sites, and Tourism Activities in Nepal. Please share the tourist activities, places etc. of your country too. 

Thanks, 

Niraj

22 comments
Level 9

Re: Happy World Tourism Day 2018

Happy world tourism day @NirajBhusal.

Level 8

Level 9

Happy World tourism day @NirajBhusal

I want to invite you to "visit Nepal" if you are nature lover. Nepal is going to celebrate tourism year 2020. Do not miss this chance to explore Himalaya beauty before its melts to rocks due to global warming. We want to invite you as family.

Why to visit Nepal?

Nepal is south Asian country located on the north side of India and Southern side of China. Total around 85% of Nepal is covered by hilly and mountain region. Among them 17 % of land is covered with Himalaya range. Nepal covers 8 among top 10 highest mountains of the world. There are 14 mountains which are more than 8000m.

Nepal is around 1000km in length and 200km width. The lowest point from sea level is 65m in Jhapa and 8848m in Everest. In just 200km of width the landmark varies from 60m to 8848m so you can see the natural diversity.We can feel the hottest climate of around 41C in terai region and coldest in Himalaya range. Along with the climate we can find natural diversity. Nepal is perfect country to see varieties of trees, birds and animals which has habitat at lower to higher altitude.

As there are thousands of mountains in northern side of Nepal there are hundreds if rivers which flows from Himalaya source water. There are many rivers which are worldwide popular for white water river rafting. The adventure lovers says that Nepali rivers are for adventure seekers as they are fast flowing white water rivers with cold water.

Nepal is also known worldwide in the eye of culture lovers and explorers. In this small land of 147181 sq km we have 125 caste/ethnic groups with 123 mother tongue. Many of them have their own culture, so if you are culture lover you can explore many different cultures in Nepal. Kathmandu the capital city of Nepal is better known as city of temple. We can find temples everywhere in Kathmandu's paths. There are two cultural UNESCO world heritage site Kathmandu and Lumbini the birth place of Lord Buddha. And two natural heritage site Chitwan National park and Sagarmatha National park (Everest region).

The avifauna of Nepal include a total of about 900 species, of which two are endemic, one has been introduced by humans and 74 are rare or accidental. Thirty-two species are globally threatened. There are more than 185 species of mammals found within Nepal including the Bengal tiger, Bengal fox, clouded leopard, Indian rhinoceros, Indian elephant, marbled cat, red panda, snow leopard and Tibetan wolf. There are 12 national parks, one wildlife reserve, six conservation area and one hunting reserve.

Thousands of adventure and natural lovers visits Nepal every year for adventure activities like trekking, peak climbing, Mountain expedition, rafting, bungee jumping, jungle safari, hunting etc. There are hundreds of trekking paths in Nepal which are chosen by travelers. Everest base camp trek, Annapurna base camp trek are world popular trekking routes which are among most visited trekking trials of world as per lonelyplanet. As already mentioned there are 14 mountains in Nepal which are higher than 8000m (24000 feet) all of them are popular for mountain expedition. If you want to climb mountain but can not do so due to various reasons. No worry you can try peak climbing in Nepal. You can the peaks from 5000m to 8000m as per your ease.

What are top 10 activities in Nepal for travelers?

1. Mountain Expedition
  2. Trekking in Himalaya
  3. Peak climbing
  4. Cultural and heritage exploration
  5. Paragliding in Himalaya
  6. Jungle safari
  7. White water river rafting
  8. Bungee Jumping
  9. Honey Hunting
  10. Mediation and Yoga in Himalaya

Why not to choose Nepal for holiday?

If you are not nature lover, if you want to explore man made beauty like jungle of concretes then Nepal will not be your best choice. There are many countries in world where you can explore jungle of concretes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy tourism day @BishowvijayaP, @Sarojdhakal, @SovitaD, @Osaka78forTRUMP, @NareshDarji, @RupendraNeupane@LaxmiG1 and all local guides team.

tag your 10 local guides friends from different part of the world to say happy tourism day.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Connect Moderator

Happy world tourism day @NirajBhusal @Safdarrai

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Off course I'm a nature lover @PushpendraKhadka and I love to spend time with nature. In feature I will come Nepal. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 9

Thank you @NareshDarji

Connect Moderator

You are most welcome to India my friends @Safdarrai @NirajBhusal @PushpendraKhadka

Level 8

Thank you @PushpendraKhadka Visit Nepal 2020 is a government campaign and I am already in. Anyways thank you

Level 8

Thank you for the invite @NareshDarji. You are too invited to Nepal.