OSAMA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Happy Ramadan 2018

As part of my cultural intelligence posts , today we are  talking about one of the most holy months for more than a 2 billion Muslims around the  world  and i am sure most of you have Muslim friends , or at least one from today 

Ramadan month is the ninth month in Islamic calendar , Fasting of Ramadan is one of the Five pillars of Islam

source weareteachers.comsource weareteachers.com

in my opinion there is a health fasting and there is a spiritual Religious Fasting

You can see fasting in many religions , Christianity , Judaism ,  Buddhism , Hinduism , Sikhism and even in  some Yoga practices 

Ramadan fasting is Islamic fasting 

" Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection, improvement and increased devotion and worship. Muslims are expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam. The fast (sawm) begins at dawn and ends at sunset. In addition to abstaining from eating and drinking, Muslims also increase restraint, such as abstaining from sexual relations[2] and generally sinful speech and behavior. The act of fasting is said to redirect the heart away from worldly activities, its purpose being to cleanse the soul by freeing it from harmful impurities. Ramadan also teaches Muslims how to better practice self-discipline, self-control,[41] sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate; thus encouraging actions of generosity and compulsory charity (zakat).[42] "

source Wikipedia

some practices in Ramadan 

1.increase in Zakat ' charity ' for poor people which is one of the five pillars of Islam , we can pay zakat all the year but its increase during Ramadan

2. Salat Tarawih which is a Nightly Prayers extra prayers performed at night in Ramadan Month and we practice it together , in other months we call it tahajjud and we practice it in house alone but in Ramadan we call it Tarawih and we performed it in Masjids 'mosques'.

3.Recitation of the Quran , we encouraged to read all Quran at least one time during Ramadan , Quran is 30 sections if you read just one section per day so at least you can read it all within 30 days , my mom read it more than 5 times , don't tell her that i told you this secret. 

4.more families visits we call it selat alrahem or family ties specially for women in your family start from your Mom , Wife and sisters and other women in your family like father sisters or mother sisters..

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The best of you are those who are best to women.”

and one of the best thing in Ramadan is decreasing in crime rates due to spiritual mood prevalent between Muslims

dates source nutcrunch sitedates source nutcrunch site

Wish you All 

Ramadan Mubarak & happy Ramadan 

P.S

as all of my posts i like to hear from you and to make it an interactive post so if you have any question me or any of Muslim local guides friends we are ready to answer .

171 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Happy Ramadan 2018

Happy Ramadan friends..

☪️☪️☪️

@OSAMA @Badruddeen @AslamMo @SalmaanN @AkmalB @Haseeb 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @OSAMA,

I wish you and to all our muslim friends an happy Ramadan.

My thoughts are with you!

Level 9

thank you my great  friend from India @NareshDarji

Level 9

i will keep you in my prayers @Julien44!

thank you very much 

Level 9

Ramadan Kareem to you @OSAMA and other Muslim friends here on Connect!

Thank you for sharing a great post on Ramadan with us here.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

Happy Ramadan to all my friends who are fasting.

Salaam 

Level 9

Ramadan Kareem to you great @Shirley ! , thank you very much for your kind words 

Level 8

@NareshDarji wrote:

Happy Ramadan friends..

☪️☪️☪️

@OSAMA @Badruddeen @AslamMo @SalmaanN @AkmalB @Haseeb 

Happy Ramadan. Wishing all the blessings of this holy month.

Thank you friends

Salaam

Level 9

Ramadan Mubarak bro @Badruddeen , Thursday is the first day in Jordan what about Maldives  ??