BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Happy Makar Sankranti (Maghe Sankranti , Khichadi Sankranti, Til Sankranti, Maghi)

The word 'sankranti' represents the first day of the month. So there are total of 12 sankrantis within a year.

Each sankranti is assigned to respective 12 zodiac signs and the month of Magh (mid. Jan - mid. Feb) is assigned to the zodiac sign Capricorn.

🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁  🙏 Wish you all 'Happy Makar Sankranti' 🙏  🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁

From this day the sun enters to northern hemisphere and from now the each day increases by a size of benne (sesame, Sesasum Indicum) till the sun enters to southern hemisphere (There is another formulation of how the size of benne is assigned a variant time and which shape of bean is required but I do not wish to enter on it as it can shifts the topic of what I wish to say, but it’s the Vedic science previous to the water clock).   According to Julian calendar with the end of December 22 (the longest night) the sun enters to northern hemisphere. Why it differs western Julian calendar can be due to the geographical condition.

Unlike 4 seasons in Julian calendar this geography has 6 seasons each of 2 month period. Now the winter season is happening here. As our metabolism runs faster in winter so from this day the whole month is enjoyed by taking food items like Benne Laddu, Chaku (made from concentrated sugarcane juice), Ghee, Khichadi, Tarul which are enriched with efficient calorie.

KhichadiKhichadi

Chaku (source: ekantipur)Chaku (source: ekantipur)

Til_Ke_LadooTil_Gud_LadduSesame_Seed_Sweet_thumbnail_1280x800

Tarul (source: kathmndufoodies)Tarul (source: kathmndufoodies)

Ghee (source: draxe.com)Ghee (source: draxe.com)

[Academically I am a physicist and so the above content was. Now on I am presenting myself as meta-physicist and the content below is]

In Mahabharata period, during a battle, the victorious armed chief Bhishma was severely injured and given a curse that he will go to hell as the Sun was in southern hemisphere. Bhisma had got a boon of dyeing anytime as per his wish but he kept his respiration alive till this day and passed away to the heaven with the movement of sun to the northern hemisphere.

As per belief our six month period that the sun possess northern hemisphere movement is a daytime and the remaining six month period that the sun shows possess southern hemisphere movement is the nighttime for gods. It means our 1 year is 1 day for gods (It requires the Einstein's concept of time dilation in relativity to understand). A person who dies when the sun is at northern hemisphere goes to heaven and a person who dies when the sun is at southern hemisphere takes rebirth.

In this day people go to Triveni (the joining of three rivers) and any lake to take a bath, worship the gods and enjoy the food items. It is celebrated throughout the Indian continent and is the main festival of Tharu community.

Photos from Local guide @LaxmiG1

preparing Chakupreparing Chaku

coconutcoconutLaddus ready to eat :)Laddus ready to eat 🙂

I would like to say many many thanks to our proud member Laxmi ji for providing me photos food items prepared by herself.

🙏 🙌 'HAPPY MAKAR SANKRANTI TO YOU ALL' 🙌 🙏

We are having a nice day. You too have a nice day/night wherever you are. I am Bishowvijaya Pandey from Nepal. Thank you so much for your time.

Nepal
30 comments
Level 8

Re: Happy Makar Sankranti (Maghe Sankranti , Khichadi Sankranti, Til Sankranti, Maghi)

Happy makar sankranti to you too @BishowvijayaP bro 

Level 8

Re: Happy Makar Sankranti (Maghe Sankranti , Khichadi Sankranti, Til Sankranti, Maghi)

Happy Maghe(makar) sankranti @BishowvijayaP and all.... 

Level 8

@BishowvijayaP thanks u so much for tagging me 

and happy makar sangkranti to you have a great day 

Level 8

Very well elaborated bro 🙂 

Wishing you the same ❤️

Connect Moderator

Happy Makarsakranti. @BishowvijayaP @LaxmiG1 @RupendraNeupane @Surendra

Same here bro. Also we celebrate makarsakranti as a Utarayan. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@BishowvijayaP I have never heard anything along the lines of this story about beans wow that's a lot of information but I will your word bro 

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

The word 'sankranti' represents the first day of the month. So there are total of 12 sankrantis within a year.

Each sankranti is assigned to respective 12 zodiac signs and the month of Magh (mid. Jan - mid. Feb) is assigned to the zodiac sign Capricorn.

From this day the sun enters to northern hemisphere and from now the each day increases by a size of benne (sesame, Sesasum Indicum) till the sun enters to southern hemisphere (There is another formulation of how the size of benne is assigned a variant time and which shape of bean is required but I do not wish to enter on it as it can shifts the topic of what I wish to say, but it’s the Vedic science previous to the water clock).   According to Julian calendar with the end of December 22 (the longest night) the sun enters to northern hemisphere. Why it differs western Julian calendar can be due to the geographical condition.

Unlike 4 seasons in Julian calendar this geography has 6 seasons each of 2 month period. Now the winter season is happening here. As our metabolism runs faster in winter so from this day the whole month is enjoyed by taking food items like Benne Laddu, Chaku (made from concentrated sugarcane juice), Ghee, Khichadi, Tarul which are enriched with efficient calorie.

KhichadiKhichadi

[Academically I am a physicist and so the above content was. Now on I am presenting myself as meta-physicist and the content below is]

In Mahabharata period, during a battle, the victorious armed chief Bhishma was severely injured and given a curse that he will go to hell as the Sun was in southern hemisphere. Bhisma had got a boon of dyeing anytime as per his wish but he kept his respiration alive till this day and passed away to the heaven with the movement of sun to the northern hemisphere.

As per belief our six month period that the sun possess northern hemisphere movement is a daytime and the remaining six month period that the sun shows possess southern hemisphere movement is the nighttime for gods. It means our 1 year is 1 day for gods (It requires the Einstein's concept of time dilation in relativity to understand). A person who dies at northern hemisphere goes to heaven and a person who dies at southern hemisphere dies at southern hemisphere takes rebirth.

In this day people go to Triveni (the joining of three rivers) and any lake to take a bath, worship the gods and enjoy the food items. It is celebrated throughout the Indian continent and is the main festival of Tharu community.

I would like to say many many thanks to our proud member Laxmi ji for providing me photos food items prepared by herself.

We are having a nice day. You too have a nice day/night wherever you are. I am Bishowvijaya Pandey from Nepal. Thank you so much for your time.

Level 10

Level 10

Thanks for sharing @BishowvijayaP. BTW we too celebrated Makar Sankranti

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

KhichadiKhichadi

As per belief our six month period that the sun possess northern hemisphere movement is a daytime and the remaining six month period that the sun shows possess southern hemisphere movement is the nighttime for gods. It means our 1 year is 1 day for gods (It requires the Einstein's concept of time dilation in relativity to understand). A person who dies at northern hemisphere goes to heaven and a person who dies at southern hemisphere dies at southern hemisphere takes rebirth.

Level 9

Thank you very much @BishowvijayaP for sharing with us a piece of your culture.  Now I have more   knowledge  about Sankranti.

'Happy Makar Sankranti'  to you and all local guides reading this wonderful post :)))