HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: HOW DOES GOOGLE MAPS KNOW THERE IS TRAFFIC?

@OSAMA I use it every blessed day also. I know it changes when traffic flow changes. But the curiosity. How does Google know the traffic was there 😊

Level 7

Level 9

Yeah bro ,that's it really @HelloSamsonR

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Lol @OSAMA Lol 😂😂😂. Now u make me laugh. But wait, are you really sure that's the Google way 😊

Level 10

@Jnjoe wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Traffic

Is this information authentic to you @HelloSamsonR

@Jnjoe Don't really know, but in that article there was a quote:

Early versions of Google Maps provided information to users about how long it would take to travel a particular road in heavy traffic conditions. Traffic information was based on historical traffic data and was not particularly accurate.[3]

In 2004 Google acquired ZipDash, a company specializing on realtime traffic analysis.[4] In 2007, Google integrated ZipDash's technology into Google Maps, offering traffic data based on information gathered anonymously from cellular phone users.[5][6]

There is more to that. Why am curious is. I navigated in a type of rural not too developed city, but the traffic was not showing and there was serious traffic. When I got to the city it work when there was traffic. Can you explain both? 

Level 10

@OSAMA What if the few hundreds on the road have no GPS 😮

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR @Jnjoe 👍📣👍📣

That the most accurate way to do that , and it's 💯% accurate , those days nobody drive car without smart phone or let's say 90% have samrt phone and the new regulations for mobiles industry to have GPS 

@OSAMA wrote:

Yeah bro ,that's it really @HelloSamsonR

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Lol @OSAMA Lol 😂😂😂. Now u make me laugh. But wait, are you really sure that's the Google way 😊

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR

Yeah bro they monitor even the movement of ONE mobile movement in the street bro ;)😁👍📣👍😁

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Level 10

@OSAMA

@OSAMA wrote:

@HelloSamsonR

Yeah bro they monitor even the movement of ONE mobile movement in the street bro ;)😁👍📣👍😁

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@OSAMA 👍👍👍. How effective is the traffic datas.???  Urban effective ??? @Jnjoe

Level 7

Yes I can and I will. Do you know the different types of GPS. If yes then you must know about coverage area and strength of those systems. In rural area (i.e. mean hilly regions) all devices which have GPS systems other than gnss can function properly. And many people don't have privileges to own such a device in "rural area". So there is no data for Google to process. And moreover even their devices are capable enough,  they don't have access to economical Internet for the information to be updated real time.

And finally occasional traffic congestion might not be show in the Google maps.  

@HelloSamsonR

Level 9

Bro @HelloSamsonR

In city is very accurate and I use it frequently , I use it in urban areas in jordan ,

Here there is no heavy traffic there , and use the map for the direction 😉

if you mean urban no streets !?

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@OSAMA

@OSAMA wrote:

@HelloSamsonR

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@OSAMA 👍👍👍. How effective is the traffic datas.???  Urban effective ??? @Jnjoe