HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Level 7

Re: HOW DO YOU SAY THE WORD LOCAL GUIDE IN YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE?

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@MatBarcia wrote:

Hi @HelloSamsonR

Here in my language, Portuguese from Brazil, Local Guide look like this:

• Guia Local (singular)
  • Guias Locais (plural)

And I think a better meaning of the word Guide, would be the person who takes tourists to know the city, and to show interesting places, historical landmarks, to explain a little of the local history.

Another meaning for the word Guide here, would also be of the person passing his knowledge, as a mentor or instructor.

So I think these two meanings serve as a good description of what Local Guides do.
๐Ÿ™‚

@OSAMA@Charleybaits@NarenChandra@deepakjhic Look at this brilliant explanation from MatBarcia.

@HelloSamsonR That's indeed a detailed explanation. 

@MatBarcia The way you explained Local Guide in Portuguese makes me want to visit Portugal and Brazil. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

Level 10

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Language with us @Mayford ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

You are welcome to the family Onye Edu @Mayford ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Level 10

Lol @Jnjoe ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

You are welcome to the family Way Showing @Jnjoe ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ.

Level 10

@Laรญse wrote:

In portuguese we say GUIA LOCAL. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Laรญse ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. We are very happy to have you here so much happy.

You are welcome to this wonderful community Gui Local @Laรญse ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Have you met @Anonymous he also speak Portuguese. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘. Am sure you would love to meet him 

Level 10

@Charleybaits You can as well visit @Anonymous too in Ronda, when visiting @MatBarcia m Brazil ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Their Language are similar. Brazil and Ronda is waiting for you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Former Google Contributor

Love this thread! Especially as we have so much diversity in the Local Guides program. 

In Singapore, our first language is English so Local Guides is well, Local Guides. However, almost everyone in Singapore speaks a second language. As for me, I speak Chinese, and Local Guides translates to ๅœจๅœฐๅšฎๅฐŽ, pronounced zai di xiang dao ๐Ÿ™‚

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

@JeslynL nice to see you here 

In Arabic it's Morshed mahalli = ู…ุฑุดุฏ ู…ุญู„ูŠ 

How to say this 

ๅœจๅœฐๅšฎๅฐŽ ๐Ÿ™‚ We like to know ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Connect Moderator

Welcome  GUIA LOCAL @Laรญse

@Laรญse wrote:

In portuguese we say GUIA LOCAL. ๐Ÿ˜‰

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thanks for sharing your wonderful and amazing culture with us @JeslynL ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. We are very happy to have you here. 

You are welcome to this wonderful and amazing family ๅœจๅœฐๅšฎๅฐŽ @JeslynL ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Former Google Contributor

Oops, completely missed that! Thanks for pointing it out to me @OSAMA โ€” I've edited my post to add in the how-to-read next to the Chinese characters for easy reference. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.