KMR1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Gsuite user to Normal user in localguidesconnect.com

Hello Dears,

I'm new here... Yesterday only I registered and today I got a mail from google with the following message;

We have reviewed your account and found that you are participating in the Local Guides program as brand, organization, or business, and not an individual. This is a violation of our program rules, as its important Local Guides contribute content as unbiased individuals.

I logged in to this platform with my official ID, as I was using this to contribute as a Local Guide. Now they have warned me with the following message;

If you do not change your account name to participate in the program as an individual by the 19th of December 2018, we will remove you from the program.

But I don't see any option to change this to my normal account. Secondly as Im using my Gsuite account to contribute to Google, how can I use that account with this platform.

Any advice from any experts here...

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Gsuite user to Normal user in localguidesconnect.com

Hi @KMR1

They linked to you the rules of the community, and this is absolutely correct. Of course, a business owner can partecipate to the community a Local Guide, while is avoiding conflict (self promition, etc.) but at least your user mame in Connect should not represent your business.

To change your user name you have to click on your avatar and choose "My settings" (or follow the link that I provided)

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @KMR1

They linked to you the rules of the community, and this is absolutely correct. Of course, a business owner can partecipate to the community a Local Guide, while is avoiding conflict (self promition, etc.) but at least your user mame in Connect should not represent your business.

To change your user name you have to click on your avatar and choose "My settings" (or follow the link that I provided)

Level 5

Thank You Ver Much for your quick advice. But my name is "Rahmathullah" and it doesn't represent any business. It is my name only. Anyway I clicked on the settings and changed my name to KMR1 , hope this helps me....

Level 9

Hello Dears, I'm new here... Yesterday only I registered and today I got a mail from google with the following message;
We have reviewed your account and found that you are participating in the Local Guides program as brand, organization, or business, and not an individual. This is a violation of our program rules, as it’s important Local Guides contribute content as unbiased individuals.

I logged in to this platform with my official ID, as I was using this to contribute as a Local Guide. Now they have warned me with the following message;

If you do not change your account name to participate in the program as an individual by the 19th of December 2018, we will remove you from the program.

But I don't see any option to change this to my normal account. Secondly as Im using my Gsuite account to contribute to Google, how can I use that account with this platform. Any advice from any experts here...

Hi @KMR1,

Welcome to the official forum of local guides. We're happy to have you here.

Your and message from the team shows that you are not following the rules of local guide program. That is a separate case you & local guide team aware of that. Please read the program rules by visiting to this page. Local guide program only for individuals not for business. 

Unfortunately there is no way to change your mail id from Gsuit to gmail.com account. You need to exit the program by visiting to this link and join program via your personal account. 

Hope this will help you to understand the situation. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.