ThomasBiziouras's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Grevena, one of the hidden gems of Greece

Hi everyone, I would like to share my video for anyone that wants to meet a new (and unknown even to many Greeks) place with gorgeous nature. Grevena is a mountainous location in Pindos mountains at the NW region of Greece. It does not have access to the wonderful Greek sea but it has many beautiful places to visit and enjoy nature.

It has some of the most beautiful old stone bridges (more than 20) and is also known for its variety and quality of mushrooms. It is the officially nominated "city of mushrooms" of Greece since 2007. Two main rivers, Aliakmon and Venetikos, flow in its district. Plenty of mountains in the area with hiking paths, some of them: Smolikas, Orliakas, Vourinos, Vounasa, Vasilitsa, Lygkos... Exploring the place you will find natural pools, lakes, a big variety of flora and fauna.

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!
Grevena, Ελλάδα
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Grevena, one of the hidden gems of Greece

Hey @ThomasBiziouras,

Thank you for sharing this great video with mesmerizing views and places to visit in Greece.

You're right that most of us are used to think of Greece as an amazing seaside destination. And I am one of those travelers who have visited it mostly for this. 

With that said it is great that you give us an opportunity to change the angle. It would be very useful for all the Local Guides if you edit your post by adding some Google Maps links to the places you're describing.  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hi @MashaPS, thank you for your comment 🙂

I have created an extended article in my blog presenting all those points of interest together with descriptions and maps, but unfortunately for now it is only in Greek. But I intend to translate it and post it here too in the following weeks. Someone can try to translate it by using the appropriate button in the above link but the translation is not perfect.

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!
Former Google Contributor

Thank you @ThomasBiziouras,

It's great that you've created a blog representing your experience while traveling. While we love reading great stories about places, we prefer to keep the conversation on Connect.

With that said, it would be great if you write some posts about places you like here in our Travel Topic Section. Also, please take a look at the How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect? post to keep your contributions within the guidelines.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!