Level 8

Greece

Hi..there every one..

I'm Moving to Greece next week ..

Around Athens piras. 

?So any ideas, recommendations

I'd be happy. To get some information  about the erea

‐------------

I have received a lot of answers regarding my Greece relocation..

Thank you all ..

Unfortunately I've moved on 

Greece and I 

Are done 

Fingerprint ISRAEL, sede yaakov, ישראל
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Greece

Hi @YadeanD,

I think you are going to love Athens. In brief is the capital of Greece and has a long history. One of my favorite thing to do is visit the museum of Acropolis. I believe it's a must see. Another privilege of living in Athens is the port of Pireus. You are going to be able to reach most of islands in a few hours.

You may organize a meet-up yourself on our website in order to meet other Local Guides. Once your meet-up is approved, it will automatically appear as a post in the Meet-ups topic section for Local Guides to participate. To learn more, check this How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hola @YadeanD, creo lo mejor es ver primero cuantos días tienes y en función de eso planificar que lugares visitar, que son muchos y muy variados, te sugiero que utilices Google Trips para planificar y seleccionar los lugares a visitar, mira si ya existen listas de Google Maps con sitios seleccionas y también arma una tuya para tener marcados la mayoría de los lugares de tu interés, la sugerencia que hace @VasT, es muy buena puedes utilizarla como punto de partida.

E1FFE491-16D5-472C-9A90-662B4C49CE01.jpeg

Farid

Level 8

Thank you very much 

I'd let my self get settled in 

And then try arranging a meet up..

Former Google Contributor

You are welcome @YadeanD,

A tip for next time: use the @ sign every time you want someone to see you respond, as I did with your name at the beginning of the post. We cannot wait to see your posts from Greece!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @YadeanD,

Are you located in Pireas? Have you settled down? Don't hesitate to contact me for any info!

Regards,

Nikos

Level 7

@YadeanD , whats your first impressions or advice on what not to do?  We arrive next week for a wedding in Naxos, ie Naxos 2 weeks and then Kythira for 2 weeks.  A Greek wedding in Greece! a bit of a different world, go a direction for us.  C.

Level 8

Greece is full of wonder 

Unfortunately I no longer live there

It's a blast for turists 

Have a great Greek wedding 

If there are 3 movies about it can't be that bad..

Level 8

Hi @Cplee123,

If you arriving to Athens by plane note that there is a fixed taxi price from the airport to all destinations. A useful article can be found here. For all other destinations there is a taxi meter but it is much better to use Uber or Taxibeat (both of them use just the "normal" yellow taxis) in order to avoid overcharges which is common in Greece especially if you are a foreigner. Most people in Greece speak at least basic English and they will be happy to help you if you have any questions.
How are you going to travel to the islands? Are you going to have a car there?

Never been to Naxos but from what I hear about it must be a beautiful place during this time of the year. Kythira is one of the Greek islands I like. Try to visit the following places if can:

The island has many other beautiful places to visit, i believe it is one of the Greek island that it is not yet exploited by the tourist industry and you can find spots that you will enjoy.

If you need more info don't hesitate to ask.