JuanCh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Googlers you'll meet at #LGSummit17

Hello everyone!

Can you almost feel it? Are you happy for no reason? We know what it is!

The Summit is only a few weeks away and we are SO excited to meet you all. But first, we wanted to say a virtual "hello" so you can get to know us a little bit more. I'll kick off!

(Attendees: If you haven't already, please post your introduction on this thread.)

Name: Juan Chiste

Team and Role: Local Guides - Community Manager (currently co-organizing the summit)

Fun Fact: My name literally means 'John Joke' in Spanish but I'm really bad at telling jokes.

Me at the top of the Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa.Me at the top of the Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa.

88 comments
Googler

Re: Say hello to some of the Googlers you'll meet at the LGSummit17

Name: Traci Cappiello

Location: NYC (Brooklyn to be exact and I'm from there, too!)

Team and Role: Local Guides - Community Manager (currently focusing on co-organizing the Summit and the accessibility campaign)

Fun Fact: I am incapable of passing by a dog without talking to it and/or trying to pet it...with permission. 🙂 

Wearing a dress I got for my birthday in January at a friend's bachelorette party this September in Charleston, South CarolinaWearing a dress I got for my birthday in January at a friend's bachelorette party this September in Charleston, South Carolina

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Googler

Re: Googlers you'll meet at #LGSummit17

Name: Alex Vallis

Team and Role: Local Guides - Content Strategist (working on campaigns like Eat Like a Local and new series for Connect, video, Google Earth Voyager, and more!)

Fun Fact: I started at Google last Halloween, so the Summit will just about mark my 1-year anniversary. Like many of you, it will be my first time visiting the main campus! 

Me on the left, meeting Juliana and Sampson in Hong Kong before I officially started!Me on the left, meeting Juliana and Sampson in Hong Kong before I officially started! 

Level 8

Re: Say hello to some of the Googlers you'll meet at the LGSummit17

Hello 🅙🅤🅐🅝 @JuanCh 🅣🅡🅐🅒🅘 @TraciC 🅐🅛🅔🅧 @AlexVee 🅟🅡🅔🅜 @PremPaul 🅑🅔🅛🅛🅐 @BellaWi 🅛🅤🅘🅢 @LuisRG 🅖🅤🅢 @GusMoreira 🅨🅐🅝🅝🅘 @YanniY 🅚🅐🅣🅘🅔 @Katie-B 🅜🅔🅖 @MegS

Hugging Face on Google Android 8.0 Open Hands on Google Android 8.0

Cheers. I can't wait.

Level 9

Great post!!!👏👏👏👏

Nice to meet you @JuanCh, @AlexVee and @TraciC and thanks for sharing with us a little from you.

Looking foward to going to the Summit. Just a few days...

I am Alejandra, from Spain. 

Have a nice day.

Level 7

Finally it's almost Summit time!!

Hello @JuanCh and @AlexVee I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Hi @TraciC I can't wait to see you again! Now in San Francisco!

Juan your words almost describe how I'm feeling right now. The only missing part it's that I'm going crazy and dreaming with some colder weather! It's officially winter in Rio, but the summer heat has arrived! 

Former Google Contributor

Name: Prem Paul

Team and Role: Local Guides - Regional Lead, Community Management (focussed on Local Guides' happiness, in the Asia Pacific region)

Fun Fact: Went from being one of the shortest in the 5th grade, to one of the tallest in the 9th grade

That's me in the middle, taking a 360° photo at the Taiwan Top Market Challenge event!That's me in the middle, taking a 360° photo at the Taiwan Top Market Challenge event!

Name: Bella Wibowo 

Location: Singapore (born and raised in sunny Jakarta, Indonesia)

Team and Role: Local Guides - Community Manager (working together with an awesome team to keep Local Guides in APAC region engaged, happy, and motivated).

Fun Fact: Love airlines video ads, my favorite is Air NZ safety video (hint: they are from Hobbiton)

Last year Summit with Harly Umboh - Local Guides from IndonesiaLast year Summit with Harly Umboh - Local Guides from Indonesia

Saya tidak memonitor pesan pribadi di Connect. Jika ada yang ingin ditanyakan, mohon dibagikan secara publik di board yang sesuai dengan topik yang ingin Anda bagikan. Terima kasih! 🙂

Level 10

Hello to all. Would love to finally meet some of the faces I keep seeing on the Hangouts especially @JuanCh

@AlexVee I'm actually on a plane to NYC right now! Bummed that Traci is going to be away but wouldn't mind saying hi to you if you're there!

Big wave to all based in Singapore, my home country, didn't know we had so many LG Googlers there 

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps

Name: Luis Rodríguez

Team and Role: Local Guides - Community Manager (currently focusing on feedback gathering)

Fun Fact: Apart from loving trains (the photo is from the Lucerne Transport Museum), I have such a common name that every time I visited the US, the system flagged me and I had to undergo a secondary screening process. But I can tell you that I'm a nice normal person 🙂

I love trains :)I love trains 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.