VinkoV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Google vs Facebook

Lately on Google it is not possible to look photosphere at G+, it is not possible to see views count, it is not possible to see exif data any more.  All those are possible on Facebook, except exif. Many advantages are on facebook side, google is doing bad job, why?

10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google vs Facebook

@VinkoV Hi

A warm welcome to the Local Guides Connect Official Community and thanks for your posting on Connect.

This is not a exact place for discuss about this matter.

You should send a feedback to the G+ team just go to this link https://plus.google.com then click option menu and select send feedback

Otherwise thanks for your feedback post here and hope Google team will accept your feedback. 

Level 5

@ShafiulB I do agree that this conference is not the right place for this discussion, but simply there is no better conference on this forum. If you have better suggestion where to put this question, i would like to remove this post

Connect Moderator

@VinkoV wrote:

@ShafiulB I do agree that this conference is not the right place for this discussion, but simply there is no better conference on this forum. If you have better suggestion where to put this question, i would like to remove this post

@VinkoV Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to informed you that here in this forum we get support only for Local Guides related problems.

I think your talking about some features for G+ which matter you may talking on Google plus help community or it will more better for you https://plus.google.com/communities/115758385206378551362 

But If you want some solution from Local Guides team here you should post on Feedback and features request Board. 

Happy Guiding!

Level 5

Level 10

Level 9

Hi @VinkoV

"A place to express our thoughts among ourself for improvement ". 

I also support you for this matter , This has to be discussed here only . where in feed back is a place where there is response .

Google introduce so many things but somebody will come and gain the benefit .

OrKut / Google plus was replaced by Facebook.

Google had G Talk which was replaced by Hangout a wonderful product with lot of features .

It was installed on all android device but Google did not prompt us to use it , No one is aware of the features , Now whatsapp calling and video have  replaced it .

Street view is the place to showcase the photosphere . but Facebook 360 and 360 video have a fantastic platform .

Now Facebook is updating Map with Location Check in and all by adding new places .

The logic of Adding places is very smart in Face book .So many classifications if one selected the more detailed etc.

On feedback i am sad that it is one sided (Like Radio) we dont get response or comments from them  .Only Thanks for the feedback .

We want Google to be on Top always . I believed Google will come up with an Operating System for computer .  But Now Google is after Artificial Intelligence .

Google IO tells 1/3 rd of a search is related to Location So we Local Guide are playing a vital role in Crowdsourcing the data . 

@VinkoV wrote:

Lately on Google it is not possible to look photosphere at G+, it is not possible to see views count, it is not possible to see exif data any more.  All those are possible on Facebook, except exif. Many advantages are on facebook side, google is doing bad job, why?

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 9

MapMyIndia is doing good SBI uses this map .

This is a news came .

Just need to correct this in India 

http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/google-maps-is-not-authentic-and-un...

The screen short below shows that Nexa Palarivattom a verified business is duplicate there with Products names along with it .
Why this is happening . A prompt must warn the person telling that the place is duplicate.

I noticed this because I have put 360 in one place .

Banks in India to be verified with IFSE code to avoid Duplicate. 

A Policy to show only verified business will be a good option. 

News-

New Delhi, Navigation, tracking and location service provider MapmyIndia on Monday announced a series of map and location-based technology and product releases along with strategic alliances with Indian organisations.

The new keyboard -- with access to its digital map data Hey Map -- comes with a built in local assistant that lets users type in multiple Indian languages.

"Our new 'Hey Map' keyboard assistant, and new flagship map app, will allow Indians to benefit from our map of the future by allowing powerful map, navigation, tracking and analytics features to be accessed across all interfaces," said Rohan Verma, Chief Technology Officer of MapmyIndia in a statement.

The company has collaborated with ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), Idea Cellular, Visit Health, Aatapaha Smart Lighting, Reverie Language Technologies and Udacity India.

"The next generation of our revolutionary Real View service, wherein we are pioneering building of the first 'Digital Map Twin of the Real World', powered by our technology building and acquisition efforts, is universal and overarching," Verma added.

"It will be an all India map of the outdoor and indoor, in 360 degree and 3D, highly accurate and updated live, available in all local languages, captured from the ground as well as the skies, where each place and object is given a unique, simple, standardised identity, that we call eLoc," Verma added.

The company has collaborated with Reverie Language Technologies for full localisation of MapmyIndia map in Indian languages and access through multi-lingual keyboard assistant app with map and eLoc integrated.

With Visit Health for a AI-powered telemedicine platform integrated with map and GPS for a 'Swasth Bharat' solution and with Udacity India to strengthen the self-driving engineering ecosystem in India.

http://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/mapmyindia-launches-hey-map-teams-up-with-idea-cell...

Attention @AradhanaB

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 5

It is amazing that there is no feedback from both facebook an g+, maps, views, photos, street view, business photo, trusted or whatever. It is one way communication. No feedback at all. Google has excellent potential power, but also many mistakes in last few years, mostly because of insufficient market information.

Level 5

@Sariga Google could benefit from some trusted local guides. But they simply do not want to honor quality in user contributions. Without respect for quality, there is no future for Maps.