HottieE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google selects Toronto to build a city of the future

Google breaks ground and announces today it's building a city of the future in TorontoGoogle breaks ground and announces today it's building a city of the future in Toronto

It's official - Google Announces ground breaking - it's building a private city in Toronto - will be great to see the Google Local Guides team up here in the new Google City in Toronto @MegS @TraciC 

Toronto, ON, Canada
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Google selects Toronto to build a city of the future

@HottieE  Thanks for the post. I wonder why Toronto is so active with Google Quides? "Toronto is now one of the best mapped cities in the world. Recently Toronto placed 4th worldwide in a Global competition - Google Local Guides an official program of Google held the competition and Toronto Local Guides - a community of 960 local guides daily produce the best quality reviews and content for Google Maps in Toronto. You have probably noticed the differences. Simple things like interior 360 shots of buildings, or the hours of businesses being corrected. Toronto Local Guides have also been building a 3D model of the city for over a year."  Other parts of the world need to unite and give you guys a run for your money.

Level 10

@davidcox if we all improve the map - everyone wins - especially the people who rely on accurate maps

Toronto Local Guides work to improve Google Maps and the City in the process

Sydney Eatz

aka Hottie Eatz

Co_moderator - Google Local Guides Toronto

Level 9

@HottieE  I agree completely every one wins.  But so far I have worked alone and on spur of the moment when I can and never realized that a group of people working together can really affect a city and finding your way around that city.  I have seen the study about time saved using complet Google My Business listings that are complete and trusted.  I wonder if you can make an argument that the total economy of the city is affected by more content being posted?  That would be an interesting study. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @HottieE for sharing this wonderful news with us. It is a great goal for, like @davidcox said, for one of the best mapped cities of the world.

Thanks for sharing with the community this kind of educative content. I think we all should learn (as I already said) from your community.

Ermes

Level 10

@ErmesT thanks - important to make sure that the maps are accurate!