Prasad5105's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Google one perk was charged

@GeorgesHR@KlaudiyaG@NadyaPN@MarinS@Ivi_Ge

Please help me. While redeeming the Google One perk my credit card was charged one month subscription fee(Rs.130/-) and I got only one month subscription. I don't know what to do. Earlier when I clicked on "join for free", it said that the offer was already used. Someone here said that I can proceed by adding a payment option. I've added my credit card and then I'm charged for the one month's plan. I feel that I should never have contributed anything to Google maps. Ridiculous.See at the bottom. It is one month's subscription. And I'm charged for that.See at the bottom. It is one month's subscription. And I'm charged for that.

Google, 8th Avenue, New York, NY, USA
8 comments
Level 9

Re: Google one perk was charged

Owh @Prasad5105,

This is really very bad news. Google one perk is new for everyone. I'm curious to know that process followed by you. Please explain briefly how you tried redeeming your perk?

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Hi @Prasad5105@deepakjhic.

I also tried redeeming the one perk from google, but when click on redeem now it says to add the card details there I stopped moving forward, because may happen as @Prasad5105 faced. Thank god I didn't add my card details.

Prasad do one thing just tag a googler,connect moderator tothis thread so that they may resolve your issue.

Regards,

Jafar pasha

Level 7

Why are you not replying me? You are replying everyone saying that you will help them privately. But why are you not doing the same for me? A small update by the way. I've contacted Google experts through Google One app and cancelled my subscription. Now I'm not Google one subscriber. Please help me redeem the 6 month perk.

Level 7

First I've clicked on "redeem" link they I've received from Google through email. The following is what displayed as soon as clicked on "redeem"Screenshot_2018-12-16-19-13-57-690_com.android.chrome.png

Then I clicked on "join for free". Then it showed the following.Screenshot_2018-12-16-19-14-05-053_com.android.chrome.png

Then I clicked on "go to Google one". It asked me to download "Google one" app. I've downloaded it. Next see the following screenshots.Screenshot_2018-12-20-12-31-46-573_com.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red.png

Next,Screenshot_2018-12-20-12-32-15-511_com.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red.png

Next it had asked me to update payment methods. I've added my credit card details ( not visible here as I've deleted that payment method as it was charged without any further authentication).Screenshot_2018-12-20-12-32-45-741_com.android.vending.png

My credit card was charged Rs.130/- and I've got one month Subscription of 100 GB.

Then I've called Google experts through ' Google one app' and explained them all this. That EXPERT said he didn't have any idea about Local Guide perks. After a long discussion I requested him to cancel my subscription. It was cancelled and money refunded (which I'm yet to receive).

Google Moderator

Hello @Prasad5105,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am going to send you a private message. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Please help me. I've explained what exactly happened along with screenshots in the discussion. Please go through it.

Level 7

Hi. I didn't receive any private message yet. The perk is going to expire on DEC 28th. Please look into this @Ivi_Ge

Level 7

Why is Google behaving like a cheating vendor?  They have given me a perk, when I tried to redeem it they denied it. When I questioned then they have asked me to go and ask others who are facing the same problem. When I go there they are dragging the issue toti the deadline (Dec 28th) when the perk will expire. Wow! Well organised cheat program.