YezanR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Google maps photos number of views

Hi,

I would like to know what is it good for to achieve a large number of views in google maps photos?

I often receive email saying that my photos have reached a certain number of views. Are there any awards for that ?

Regards,

9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Google maps photos number of views

No awards @YezanR, but I think it's nice to get those updates so we can see what kind of impact our photos made for the locations. There's no sure way of getting a high number of views, but in general the more people search for that particular location, the better chance your photos will be viewed by people.

Level 7

For a high number of views in addition to IvanY's recommendation of taking pictures of popular places make sure your photo is the cover photo. The easiest way of doing that is to take a photo of somewhere that hasn't already got a photo, either by adding an entire new location or by using "Improve the map near you / Uncover missing info" to uncover locations that do not yet have a photo.

Try taking several different photos from different viewpoints to see if you can detect a pattern as to the photo which is the  most popular, you may even work out the sort of photo that is likely to be promoted to the cover position if there are existing photos.

Consider the possibility that most is not best. I recently added 2 new locations together with photos. A store that sells pot and pans has got far more views than a dental surgery that exclusively caters for people with a mental illness and/or learning difficulties

Level 6

Hi, not quite sure if this helps, but I've just recently been sent a message saying I have set a new record of a 150,000 views. I am on level 6. But I don't do it for that, I just help out other people who are trying to either look for nice places to go, or help with other information. 

Level 10

Does anyone know how to find the 'top' count of views on Google Maps?  I have over 4,000,000 so far and wondering if that is a good number or am I in the bottom 10%?

Frank 

Level 8

Yes, I have wondered the same thing and i have over 5mil views. Im sure we are doing pretty good but there's always someone out there going crazy with it haha

Level 8

I have about 18,000,000 views total and get about 300,000 a week now. Key thing is to take pictures of the inside and look for symmetry like a row of seats or an aisle.

Level 5

I have one photo with 35,000 plus views. It's not been up long and not of anything interesting in my opinion. It's a rock with some green seaweed on it, nothing special at all. I have no idea why this particular photo has rocketed unless some website has linked to it possibly. Nice to know your photos have an impact. Would be even nicer if we got a reward. GOOGLE are you listening? 😉😏

Level 3

no awards but , it helps alot

Former Google Contributor

The award is the joy of seeing your personal handpicked contributions useful to anybody who makes a research on Google Maps, @itsjamal

Genuine and human reactions to places is one of the most important qualities of the program. The community values every photo that shows a personal point of view and every review that summarizes your personal experience. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!