neavilag's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google maps + Local Guides, my best friend abroad

Hi all, I am Norman, Moderator of Guatemala Local Guides Community from Guatemala, a little country in Central America

I just want to let you all know that I just love Google Maps, has just returned from a business/pleasure trip to Germany, Google Maps was THE ONLY tool I needed to find my way, I just value more what Google Maps and the importance of the LocalGuides program, I was never in a situation before where I did not know the local language and even searching in English or Spanish, Google Maps gave me the right directions to the places and the German names. 

Most of locals where using the german app for public transportation, since I did not know german, I relied 100% on Google Maps and was able to search for train, bus and tram lines and directions. I am still working on my reviews, but the reviews of fellow local guides gave me the best choices to visit, eat and shop.

I take my reviews very serious, since I know how valuable are when your are on your own on a foreign country, and also even to locals to get to know new places.

I see most places has a lot of reviews in English, I always post in Spanish to complement my Spanish speaking fellow users in my reviews, but I think a great feature to add to Google Maps is a simple "translate" button of the reviews. 

The feature I love most of Google Maps is timeline, I rely on my timeline to review places, is a great feature that relates my location and photos so I can post / review based on my timeline.

Something that describes me most is the fact I love all related to maps, weather, coffee and tech.  

Thanks again for the great work and all your contributions.

See you soon !!!

Neuschwanstein Castle, BavariaNeuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria

Guatemala City, Guatemala Department, Guatemala
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Google maps + Local Guides, my best friend abroad

Hey @neavilag Thanks for sharing! Mind if I move this post to the public board under General Discussion so everyone can read it? I'm also sharing a photo of me in the same place. 🙂

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 10.25.17 AM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@neavilag hi!!

Its nice experience story or thanks for share with us ...

Happy Guiding !!

Googler
Solution

Hey @neavilag Thanks for sharing! Mind if I move this post to the public board under General Discussion so everyone can read it? I'm also sharing a photo of me in the same place. 🙂

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 10.25.17 AM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Level 9

Hi @TraciC, nice pic, and nice hike it was... thanks, please move it so. Is ok, Just take in account the link since I referenced this in the link entered in my LGSummit application.. 😕

Googler

Hi @neavilag. Moving posts thankfully won't impact the URL, phew! 

Level 9

great @TraciC. Thank you for moving it.