YOUSUFMSEDDAT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Verifying by Phone Calls? Need Confirmation by LG Mods

[REDACTED] 

Today on my Office Phone I had a call from [REDACTED] and they are verifying for Google my business locations. as my Office location was already verified by Google My Business. The representative said, this is the number from Google Inc. and I'm from Google Office at Hydrabad, India. His name is Mr. Prosenjit and his designation is Process Executive.   

But you know, his language is totally our Local Bangla Language as we are talking. lolz 

I asked him, are you Bangladeshi or Indian? he replied, he is Indian and I answered him, you are talking on our local language and I'm experienced about Indian Bangla language which is totally different as your language.

I just informed him at last that I'm a Level 7 Google Local Guides. so I would love to verify about you on our largest platform Local Guides Connect. 

So I want to get confirmation by any one Local Guide Moderator(s) about this. is it right or wrong? 

Please confirm me as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 

Mens World Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Google Verifying by Phone Calls? Need Confirmation by LG Mods

Sometimes Google will call some business to verify some information that is already online to make sure we have the most accurate information about your business.

If you want to verify if is the call if from Google, you can the number again and you will hear a message from us.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@YOUSUFMSEDDAT individually nobody will call you from Google. For verification only an automated call takes place. 

Finally according to me that was just a fake call. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi @YOUSUFMSEDDAT as far as they don't try to sell something, it's most likely possible that you receive a Google phone call for verification of your activity.

Sometimes a Google representative could physically make a visit to your business to confirm geolocalization.

Level 10

Level 8

That mean it's True call, not fake call? 

Level 10

Level 10

@TraciC @GusMoreira @HelloJess  @KarenVChin are  you know about this 

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

When I registered a local business I had a call to verify it after I responded to the letter and set it up on GMB.

Regards

Paul

Level 9

@LucioV thank you for information.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

I Believe its True Phone Call