cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google User Account is Spam

Hello everyone, as suggested by @YK1001

We can report users who are spamming >

well here is one, that I have bumped into (the user has posted the same irrelevant photo to all kind of places)

<CONTRIBUTIONS URL REMOVED>

Thanks in advance. Let's make our Google Map better !

Best regards.

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Google User Account is Spam

@GéraldM, we want to assure Local Guides that the team takes every report seriously and reviewing sometimes takes time as we are careful to only remove content that violates specific policies. Hope this clarifies.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @GéraldM,

Yes, our Google Moderators will contact you soon.

To protect everyone's privacy, please do not post links to business or to an individual that will identify who you are reporting in public.

You can share the details via private channels later.

@JeslynL, need your attention here.

@GéraldM, I have edited your post to remove the contributions URL of the Google Maps user you are reporting as @YK1001 noted, Connect is a public forum and we want to ensure everyone's privacy.

While the team looks into this Google Maps user, please check out How Do I Report Content on Google Maps? for more details on how to report inappropriate Google Maps behaviour.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

ok thanks for rectifying my post : but as far as I know, I had tried the flag button and nothing had happened even after quite some time...(I hope it really work though...)

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Solution

@GéraldM, we want to assure Local Guides that the team takes every report seriously and reviewing sometimes takes time as we are careful to only remove content that violates specific policies. Hope this clarifies.