Aungpyaephyo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Representative of Myanmar

Dear All Administrators , Moderators and Googlers

I have  one question about representative letter of Google . In our Country ( MYANMAR) , One Group/Organization  is Collecting Data and taking Photos of Hotels , Guesthouses , Restaurants , Shops etc using the following letter .( Please see the attachment photo) .I just want to know that this letter is real or not ? I think They are just using this fake letter and collecting Data and taking photos of places for their own application . So  If you all know about this letter , please kindly answer my question .

Photo <REDACTED>

This is copy letter of theirs . please check it out. 

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Google Representative of Myanmar

Hi @Aungpyaephyo,

Sometimes Google will contact some businesses to verify some information to make sure we have the most accurate information about their business. If you want to verify if it's the letter from Google, please feel free to contact the person mentioned in the letter.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Hi @Aungpyaephyo,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate and let you know if we have an update.

The photo was removed from the post because it contains personal information. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. Please take a moment to review our community policy and check these useful tips on using this community before posting.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you @VasT . I will waiting for your reply . 🙂

Connect Moderator

Great that you were attentive and reported this @Aungpyaephyo great to have community support. Thanks!

Level 8

You are welcome @PaulPavlinovich

I'm loyal volunteer of Google map and street view. So just doing my best 😁

Solution

Hi @Aungpyaephyo,

Sometimes Google will contact some businesses to verify some information to make sure we have the most accurate information about their business. If you want to verify if it's the letter from Google, please feel free to contact the person mentioned in the letter.