RanjithKizhakoodan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Photo deletion made substantial reduction of points in LG Points and Photos !!!

Dear All ,

I had a points near 29500 + points wth 5330 +Photos a day before. Since my Drive storage was showing more than 15 GB , hence  i was asked to delete the clear the space .i was clearing the so many photos from Google Photos including the Panoramas, later i found that my Points were reduced much and so more than 2000 Photos been deleted !!!!

It was heartbreaking and frustrating as this is effort made last one year .

Does anyone have any solution for this? Do anyone had the same experience. I just attach my screen shots for you to understand the impact! 

Before deleting Google PhotosBefore deleting Google PhotosAfter deleting Google Photos  :(After deleting Google Photos 😞

Prague, Czechia
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Photo deletion made substetial reduction of points in LG Points and Photos !!!

@RanjithKizhakoodan, not only yours but the same story here, I too lost about 3000 points. May be they are making chnages.

@RanjithK wrote:

Dear All ,

I had a points near 29500 + points wth 5330 +Photos a day before. Since my Drive storage was showing more than 15 GB , hence  i was asked to delete the clear the space .i was clearing the so many photos from Google Photos including the Panoramas, later i found that my Points were reduced much and so more than 2000 Photos been deleted !!!!

It was heartbreaking and frustrating as this is effort made last one year .

Does anyone have any solution for this? Do anyone had the same experience. I just attach my screen shots for you to understand the impact! 

Before deleting Google PhotosBefore deleting Google PhotosAfter deleting Google Photos  :(After deleting Google Photos 😞

Level 10

Re: Google Photo deletion made substantial reduction of points in LG Points and Photos !!!

Try recover your photos from the Bin first. Then change your Photo settings from Original -> High Quality & select Recover Storage. High Quality images do not count as part of your 15GB quota.