Cccgipson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Perk: Free 6-month trial of Google One for Local Guides but I don't get subscribe

Spoiler

I have email about Perk: Free 6-month trial of Google One for Local Guides but I am clicked the redeem options it's goes to the main site at that place I am clicked the free join but it was shown like you don't have insufficient balance and subtraction options is hidden. Please tell me how to activate or redeem this offer

T.Tarun
Level 10

Re: Perk: Free 6-month trial of Google One for Local Guides but I don't get subscribe

@Tarun7 I am going to move your post to a group post about the Google One perk redemption, so someone can help where needed. 

In the mean time, my understanding is that you will need to put in a credit/debit card number as a valid payment method to activate this free trial. Can you try that first and see if you can activate it, otherwise, just reply back and tag one of the Google moderators that you see in the history of the group post here.

Level 8

Re: 100 GB free storage for Google Local Guides

Many thanks Lucio.

It's a Honor to me your feedback. A Legend in the Local Guides. 🙂

Best regards!

Former Google Contributor

Re: 100 GB free storage for Google Local Guides

Hi @Tarun7,

Thank you for raising up the inquiry, as well as @StephenAbraham's valuable explanation.

As previously mentioned, please make sure to double check your payment methods, as it may require valid form of payment with a billing address in a country where Google One is available.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 7

Error

Screenshot_20181129-032024.jpg

Not able to redeem the above free trial. Getting errors for using all payment methods for registration of free trial

Level 10

Re: Error

@nishadkinhikar4 how old is this offer email to you?  The free trial ended sometime ago.  Unless this is a recent offer to you I suspect the offer may have expired.

Level 10

@nishadkinhikar4 What was the error message? Was it your redeem code is invalid or payment error? Usually for payment error, you may need to check with the bank. Because this offer when redeemed apparently will do a test charge to the card of maybe USD 1 and will be returned a few minutes later I was told. Some local banks may block overseas transactions or charge. What payment methods have you tried?

Level 9

@nishadkinhikar4,

I think this is one perk and I'm also facing the same.

@GeorgesHR still I'm waiting for any update. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

This email was received to me from google llocal guides perk on 28 nov 2018

Level 7

For redeeming the free trail it was asking for some payment method for verification purposes. I tried some credit cards, debit cards, and all the netbanking i have but no one was a valid payment method.