Cccgipson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Dot.: 100 GB free storage for Google Local Guides

Hi @ChrysalisTravel

100 GB Drive Storage was a promotion that Google offered Local Guides from 2015 through March 2017. Please read this post: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Drive-storage-promotion-has-ended/m-p/63040...

100 GB of free storage in Google One (it's a new service) for 3 months is a new offer for some Local Guides in some countries.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Connect Moderator

Re: 100 GB free storage for Google Local Guides

Dear @ChrysalisTravel

I don't need to add more about the storage promotion than what @JacekNK already said.

What surprise me is the relation between contribution and storage. Contributing is a free, volunteer choice, for improving a tool (Google Maps) that everyone is using for free.

Your contribution, and the storage of all your photos and videos, is free in High quality in Google photos.

I wrote a post, that still in the Help Desk of the previous version of Connect, to explain it.

How to use your space in Google drive

Hope it can help you

Level 6

Dear @JacekNK 

Thank you for your response, and confirming the promotion.  

This was January 2017 when I had the issue -- and met the minimum requirements -- and never received help with getting the 100 GB storage.  Google help asked me to post on the forum for additional assistance. 

Level 6

Dear @ErmesT

Thank you for your response.  I am appreciative of the free Google Photos storage. 

My issue is with email.  I'm needing more space than the 15 GB allotted, and I did qualify for the 100 GB free storage for the Google Local Guides.  

Level 10

@ChrysalisTravel

Today is no longer possible to reedem free storage in offer which ended over the year ago. It's over.

That free storage was also only for year, not life long.

Now you have another offer. You can use it.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

@ChrysalisTravel I will merge your post with the group discussion of the redemption of the Google One perk which is selectively sent to selective LG contributors in certain countries.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-One-Perk/m-p/1103598#M198529

@Ivi_Ge Can you help with this case, thanks.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google One Perk

Hi @KCPhoto@PTWein and @paleogirl2003.

Thank you for reaching out. I will contact you privately on this matter.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Google Moderator

Hello all,

Thank you for tagging me @StephenAbraham, and thank you for helping @JacekNK and @ErmesT.

Initially, Google One will only be available on a limited basis. If you have a paid Drive storage plan, you’ll be automatically upgraded to Google One over the coming months. The promotion can only be redeemed once. This Offer is limited to new users to Google One in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, Japan, India, South Korea and Taiwan only. 

@ChrysalisTravel, as JacekNK said, 100 GB Drive Storage was a promotion that Google offered Local Guides from 2015 through March 2017. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google One Invite Account Ineligible

Hello @PTWein,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I am going to reach you out privately to troubleshoot the issue.

By the way I've merged your post to the Google One Perk thread, just to keep Connect organized.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Re: Google One Perk

@sonnyNg @Ivi_Ge

We work hard as Local Guides, and sometimes we get perks for it.  One such perk was this Google One offer for a few free months. The email we received did not mention anywhere that this was for new subscribers only, and let's be honest, most Local Guides probably already have a paid Drive/One account because we are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.

Google, do the right thing, make this right, and give your Local Guides some account credit to make up for the misleading email. 

Thanks,
Kelly