TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Google One Perk not working

Google one perk is not working for me. Please see the screenshot. I haven't used the offer. But it is saying that the offer was already used. In that case my account should be showing the 100 GB storage, right? Please help me.Screenshot_2018-12-16-19-14-05-053_com.android.chrome.png

Level 8

Re: Google One Perk not working

Don't as the link has been used and not the offer. You can still sign in, just search and sign up on Google One with the email Id on which you received the offer, on payment page it won't ask for payment. Please check and do follow up with me if you have any other query.

Level 8

Re: How to Redeem Your Local Guides Perk

You must be using more than one account on your device, please switch to the account for which you received the offer from the left corner of the screen. Do try and if you have problem do contact me again. Our Local Guide community will surely help you l. 

Level 10

Dear @Prasad5105,  many are facing this issue.  Because large number of local guide at one time trying to redeem it. 

Plz wait for sometime,  surely you will redeem it. 

Congrats for winning new peak.  Wishing you all sucess

Level 5

Redeem Your Local Guides Perk

Hi All,

Received this email from Google last week and signed up. The issue is that it only provided 6 months free.

Has anyone else had this issue? After contacting Google support, they advised me it was an error and bad luck, it is only 6 months and I will get a new email "soon" letting me know.

I feel quite disappointed they refuse to honour it.

Anyone else had this issue?Clipboard01.jpg

Level 9

Same here. @BorrisS please check out the same problem and us know what to do?

@kumarsuraj345678

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Google Moderator

Re: Redeem Your Local Guides Perk

Hello @rudaylicious,

Welcome to Connect!

We apologize for any confusion. The length of the free trial offered is based on your Local Guides level at the time that we sent you the perk. Unfortunately, there was a typo and we mistakenly sent some folks an offer that mentioned 12 months when it should have mentioned 6 months. You should have received a correction email.

Thanks for being a part of the Local Guides community.  

P.S. To keep things organized I am going to merge your post to How to Redeem Google One Offer.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hello @kumarsuraj345678,

Thank you for reaching out about the Google One perk for Local Guides.

There’s no redemption code needed for this perk. Just click “Redeem Now,” select a form of payment, and you’ll be on your way. The form of payment is needed to ensure there’s no disruption in service if you decide to keep your membership. If you cancel before the trial is over, you won’t be charged.

If you’re having issues redeeming the perk, here are a few tips:

• The Google One trial is only available for Google Accounts ending in @gmail.com.
  • The Google Account that you use to redeem the trial should not currently be in use for a paid Google One or Google Drive subscription.
  • The Google Account needs a valid form of payment on file, with a billing address in a country where Google One is available.

For any other questions, please visit the perk Terms and Conditions or the Google One help center.

I am merging your post to an ongoing thread about this topic - How to Redeem Google One Offer

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hello @Prasad5105,

Thanks for reaching out about the Google One perk for Local Guides.

I'm going to merge your request to the related topic here on Connect.

You will receive a message how to proceed to troubleshoot the issue.

Level 5

Re: Redeem Your Local Guides Perk

Received this response also:

We apologize for any confusion. The length of the free trial offered is based on your Local Guides level at the time that we sent you the perk. Unfortunately, there was a typo and we mistakenly sent some folks an offer that mentioned 12 months when it should have mentioned 6 months. You should have received a correction email.

I have not received any further information from Google or additional emails. 6 months free is great however I am deeply frustrated they refuse to honour the original email.

Imagine if everyone got to redact offers without advising anyone.

To be honest it was the reason I signed up, so seriously considering other cloud options