Komurtaza's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Google Maps add missing place error message: What you entered is not valid

Google Maps add missing place error message, I am not able to add new places. Any body please help. It always displays Enter a valid address even I am adding the correct and valid address.

Srinagar
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Google Maps add missing place error message: What you entered is not valid

Hello @Komurtaza ,

Welcome to Connect!

Could you please provide some screenshots which could help us understand the issue?

Please keep in mind there are certain items on Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/town - Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below:

• Find the location in question on the map.
  • Click the hamburger icon ☰
  • Click Send feedback => Choose your relevant feedback

If you are looking to add or edit the name of a place though (like a business), you can do that by following the steps outlined here.

If you are looking to report an error on the map - please review the instructions in the Help Center here.

P.S. I will move your post to How-tos as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Komurtaza, it may have something to do with a known issue. See this post

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @Komurtaza ,

Welcome to Connect!

Could you please provide some screenshots which could help us understand the issue?

Please keep in mind there are certain items on Google Maps that you cannot edit and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/town - Only Google can edit these although you can always send feedback and suggest your changes through Google maps. To send feedback you can follow these steps below:

• Find the location in question on the map.
  • Click the hamburger icon ☰
  • Click Send feedback => Choose your relevant feedback

If you are looking to add or edit the name of a place though (like a business), you can do that by following the steps outlined here.

If you are looking to report an error on the map - please review the instructions in the Help Center here.

P.S. I will move your post to How-tos as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Capture.JPG

Google Moderator

Hey @Komurtaza ,

Thank you for adding a screenshot.

Please read the steps in this article Report an error on the map and let us know if they are helpful.

Also, please read this post on a similar topic: Enter a Valid Address Error.

Level 6

I am trying to add a missing garden/park, the area is not marked as green color patch, how to get the green color patch and have the public garden listed